7|He's Here

Reader's POV

I really enjoyed Defence Against the Dark Arts with Professor Lupin. He was without a doubt, better than Professor Quirrell and Professor Lockhart.

Today will be an exciting day for us third years, we'll be visiting Hogsmeade (the village right next to the school)!

Merlin, I've been waiting this day to come since I set foot here in Hogwarts. I could finally drink Butterbeer, go to Honeydukes, to Zonko's jokeshop and more.

All third years gathered at the school's courtyard, submitting permission forms to Mr. Filch, who would be accompanying us to the village along with Professor Mcgonagall, head of Gryffindor house and Deputy Headmistress.

I've decided after class that I'll be spending time with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"Now, remember these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege," Professor Mcgonagall announced. "Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school, in anyway, that privilege shall not be extended again."

Soon, Harry had finally arrived.

"No permission form signed, no visiting the village that's the rule Potter." said Professor Mcgonagall seriously.

Oh, I just forgot that Harry's aunt and unlce didn't sign his form, because of the incident last summer.

"All those with permission, follow me. Those without, stay put." Mr. Filch sneered.

"No Professor," Harry implored. "I thought if you signed it, then I could—"

"I can't, only a parent or a guardian can sign it. Since I am neither, it would be inappropriate." Professor Mcgonagall insisted.

Harry frowned.

"I'm sorry Potter, that's my final word." said Professor Mcgonagall, now with a tone of sympathy.

Ron, Hermione and I looked at Harry with sympathy as well. Just looking at his face, we knew right away that he desperately wanted to go.

"Forget about it guys. See you later." Harry said grimly.

Hermione and Ron slowly left.

"Don't worry Harry, we'll be bringing treats for you when we get back." I reassured him, and followed the rest of the third years.

~o0o~

We all returned back to Hogwarts. We all had so much fun. Once we came back, Hermione, Ron and I rushed to find Harry and tell everything.

We soon met him on the way to the staircases. I brought some products from Honeydukes, like Fizzing Whizbees, Chocolate Frogs and Cauldron Cakes.

"Honeydukes Sweetshop is brilliant," said Ron. "But nothing beats Zonko's JokeShop. We never got to go to the Shrieking Shack. You heard that it's the most—"

"Haunted building in Britain I know." Harry cut in.

"I don't think it's haunted Ron." I piped up.

Suddenly, we heard murmurs and whispers towards the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. Everybody seemed to look at it with confusion and shock.

"What's going on?" Harry asked.

Ron scoffed. "Probably Neville's forgot the password again."

"Hey." said Neville, who was right behind us.

"Oh," said Ron. "You're there."

At that moment, we heard Percy, Ron's older brother. "Let me through, please. Excuse me I'm Head Boy!" Get back all of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it's been searched." he said pompously.

Then, Ginny, came running towards us. "The Fat Lady she's gone!"

All of us gasped. Soon, the crowd adjusted and before our eyes, the Fat Lady's portrait was empty, she was not there. It had been destroyed.

"Serves her right. She was a terrible singer." Ron laughed.

"It's not funny Ron." Hermione scolded him. The other paintings could not resist looking at the Fat Lady's portrait and all of them were panicking.

"Keep calm everyone. Break into fours. Back to your common room," Percy continued. "The headmaster's here. Come on move! You heard, move!"

Just then, Professor Dumbledore had come along with Mr. Filch, coming to inspect. Like us, his reaction was alarmed and investigated the portrait.

"Mr. Filch? Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady." the elderly headmaster told Mr. Filch.

"There's no need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady's there." said Mr. Filch, pointing at a painting above.

And with a jolt, all of us had rushed towards the painting where the Fat Lady was hiding.

"Hey!" Percy yelled. "Mind where you're going! Slow down! You listen I'm Head Boy!"

But no one seemed to have heard Percy.

Professor Dumbledore and Mr. Filch also rushed towards the Fat Lady.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Professoe Dumbledore asked.

The Fat Lady soon emerged, she was hiding behind a hippopatamus.

"Eyes like the devil, he's got," she whimpered in fear. "And a soul as dark as his name. It's him Headmaster! The one they all talk about. He's here! Somehwere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

Once again, everyone let out gasps of shock, at this. We all exchanged terrified looks.

"Secure the castle Mr. Filch," Professor Dumbledore told Mr. Filch and then said loudly. "The rest of you, to the Great Hall!"

All of us had slept in the Great Hall that night, we were prohibited from entering our dormitories. Professor Dumbledore made sure that the castle was secure that night; more Dementors were patrolling the grounds.

Before I drifted to my sleep, I rememebered that it was the full moon tonight, and at that moment, I heard an agonized howl — Professor Lupin.

I sure hope he was okay.