Alycia Debnam-Carey

High school au
Classic cliche nerd and popular kid. But twist.
(Y/n) POV

"So, are you going to peters party this Thursday?" My best friend Lindsey asked and I shrugged "dunno, I'll see how I feel on the night" I said casually.

Our high school was the classic American high school, we had the ever so awful social hierarchy and all our judgmental teens. With my friend groups the classic 'popular kids' with basically the oceans plastic population if it were teenage kids, then there's like the 'nerds' which everyone in my group bully's besides me and Lindsey, it's stupid that they bully them anyways seeing as their just everything my group isn't 'kind, smart (really fucking smart), talented and overall not fake' but that just seems to fuel them up and encourage to do it even more.

There's also just jocks/athletes, whatever you want to call them but their just the not very popular, popular kids.

I was walking through the school halls with Lindsey and her main mission seemed to be to get me to come to this party "hmm, well you never know" she said out of no where which just confused the fuck out of me "what??" And she sighed "what if there was a chance Alycia was there?" She asked and I turned red. The thing is, is that no one and I mean no one knows about my crush on Alycia (pffft crush, sure smh 🤦‍♀️) besides Lindsey who can basically read me like an open book considering we basically grew up together and she spends 4 out of 7 days a week at my house. She's even got her own part of my closet. "Lindsey! Shhh" I whisper yelled at her and she laughed "you need to ask her out already. How long have you even liked her because I swear to god it's been something like 5 years" she said "6 and a half" I mumbled and she looked at my direction "even the more reason" she stated "no, there's no chance! She's like the definition that god has favourites and I don't even believe in god" I said loudly and it echoed down the hall a bit considering it was empty and we were obviously late for class.

"Look, I'm not taking that as an excuse anymore. After soccer practice your gonna go to the library and-" "no" "yes, your gonna go to the library because I guarantee she'll be there and you'll ask her out for dinner for Thursday night or you'll have to go to the party and I'll tell her you like her myself" she said and I looked at her in disbelief "seriously!?" She nodded firmly and I wanted to literally slap her (but not really) Lindsey was like a sister to me and she was just trying to do what was best for me and I knew that if I didn't tell Alycia I would end up regretting it.

"Fine"

————————-
After soccer practice
————————-

I was just finishing up packing my bag in the locker room and pulling my  cleats off and stuffing them into my duffle bag and slipped on my normal shoes before walking out still in my soccer uniform and making my way towards the student library.

I walked in the front door to the library and stood on my tippy toes to look over the small book shelf's trying to find the brunette and I spotted her, but she wasn't alone. She was sat at a table with all of her friends and that made me 100% more nervous, I clenched my teeth closing my eyes trying to calm myself down before making my way over there.
With my duffle bag over one shoulder I started to make my way towards their table and I noticed Maia nudge Alycia whispering something to her after she saw me coming causing Alycia to elbow Maia and slowly shaking her head and Alycia seemed to either be denying what she was saying or just not believing her in general.

I made it to the table and almost everyone was looking at me.almost. Alycia was writing away at her book doing some kind of math homework. "Hey" I said "hi, can we help you?" Maia said clearly. Very clearly. She didn't like me at all "oh umm, I was wondering if I could talk to you?" I said directing it to Alycia but she was still doing her homework so Maia nudged her "huh?" Alycia looked at Maia confused and Maia rolled her eyes "captain over here wants to talk to you" Maia said and Alycia looked confused "who-" and she looked my way "oh, huh?" Again she looked hella confused and honey it was definitely the cutest thing I'v ever seen and I let out a small chuckle "can I umm, talk to you?" I repeated my question and she raised an eyebrow "yeah, I guess" she said still sounding confused and quietly scooted out her chair and walked toward me and I lead her to a nearby bookshelf "what's up?" She asked as she pushed her glasses up her nosed and I gave out a nervous smile "umm, I was wondering if-" and she cut me off "if your asking me to do your homework then get lost" she said and was about to walk away but I grabbed her wrist turning her back around and in the background I could see that Maia was clearly worried for her friend.