100. Sanemi Shinazugawa | Mixed Feelings

This  is the 100th chapter!!! 

For someone lazy as me, this is a big achievement. I wanted to do something special but can't think of anything to do, if you have some suggestions just tell me. 

~*~

It had always been a wonder to the others how you and Sanemi ended up together, ever since you two met during the exam, there wasn't a day when you didn't argue about something. you didn't hate him at all, it was the opposite actually, you like him but he was so rude at you so you can't help but also be rude.

you were not sure how he felt about you but one drunken night after drinking with the others, you found yourself knocking at his room, cursing at him then confessing your feelings. as far as you remember he slammed the door shut in your face but for a split second you thought you saw a slight touch of red on his cheeks.

after that day, Sanemi had been quiet around you, it was awkward for a few days which was clearly notice by the others. but when you two were assigned on a mission together, Sanemi sort of cursed at you that he likes you, at least more than he likes the others. Since then, your relationship had slowly developed into what you had now.

but lately, Sanemi had been acting distant and strange.

"Is everyone ready? " you asked the newly recruit, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke as you were asked to assist them on a mission.

"Can I have a second?" Tanjiro said pointing to Giyu who was waiting on the side like a lost puppy.

"Sure" you smiled as you let your eyes wander around, only to meet pale purple eyes staring back at you.

"Sanemi!" you happily called as you skip towards him, a wide smile on your face. but Sanemi had an unusual frown on his face.

"Did you come to meet me before my mission? where's my good luck kiss" you giggled as you leaned up to give him a kiss but Sanemi turned away and step back, all the while muttering a curse under his breath.

"is something wrong?" you asked and he shook his head. you opted to ask more but Tanjiro called again.

"Y/n-chan! we're ready to go" He shouted, oblivious to the tension on the air, you glance at Tanjiro then back at Sanemi again, Sighing when he didn't even bother to face you again.

"let's talk when I came back okay" you mumbled before walking away.

The truth was Sanemi was confused, it was no doubt he likes you, hell he loves you to the moon and back but do you even feel the same way? for the past couple of days, he's been watching you laugh and smile with Tanjiro, something he doesn't see quite often when you're with him. It might be his insecurities but he knew full well how broken dangerous his life was, so it's not surprising that you'll find someone else, better than him. 

a lot of things swirled inside his head, he begun to question everything until he came into a conclusion.  

When Sanemi makes up his mind about something, it is extremely difficult to dissuade him, and now he firmly believes that you're better off without him. you'll be better off with someone who shares the same hobbies and interests as you, someone who leads a normal life yet, he can't help but feel mad at the thought of you being with someone else.

He was really confuse

~Time skip~

"get some rest alright" you smiled at Tanjiro as you bid him goodbye after dropping him off at the butterfly estate.

It was already late, the mission you had with the new recruits taking longer than expected. you were exhausted but the thought of cuddling to bed with Sanemi at the end of the day relives your exhaustion. the ignoring part earlier already forgotten.