48: Underneath

Hani was stirred awake gently by Jungkook. Tenderly, he caressed her hair as she mumbled against the make-shift pillow. Eventually, after a lot of complaining, she opened her eyes and turned her head around to look at him. The Alpha was smiling lovingly at her and when her eyes met his, he mouthed a small "good morning" to her, wanting her to have one of those lazy, sweet mornings that she loved so much. Her hand reached out and clutched his sweatshirt, pulling on it so that Jungkook could lay down next to her. His hand grabbed hers that was holding onto him and he delicately guided it to his lips, where he left a small kiss.

"You can stay if you want but I need to go around the area so that I can look for another entrance" His voice was low and silky; he whispered the words gently to her. "I, also, need to prepare some sort of trap. You said you wanted to help but if you are that tired, then stay baby"

Amusedly, Jungkook laughed at the glance his mate threw at him. She mouthed a small "fine", her eyebrows scrunching in annoyance and quickly, she sat up in the bed, gripping onto the sheets that were covering her naked body.

"I can't be in bed rest every time we have sex, anyways"

She grumbled and, skillfully, went over Jungkook that was sitting on the bed. Hani dragged the sheets with her as she navigated through the cabin with Jungkook's eyes never leaving her figure.

"I wouldn't mind. What's best for you is the best for me"

Jungkook replied, half smiling half laughing as he got up from the bed, as well. Although it was already late in the morning, there was still hints of frost in the grass. The sky had gotten grayer and lesser birds came to greet them in the beginning of the day. Instead, as Hani and Jungkook did their usual tasks, the birds left that place, moving to other homes. Winter was harsh, on these parts – Jungkook assumed. They would be more comfortable back at the pack, where winter was kinder to them.

Taking The Alpha by surprise, a white sheet came flying towards him, landing perfectly on the top of his head. Hani's giggles echoed around the cabin, causing him to roll his eyes playfully. He stood still, the sheet covering his body until his knees, and, soon, he felt Hani's hands holding his face. She grabbed his arms and raised them, tauntingly and childishly moving them like a monster in a movie would do. She laughed as she tried to say "boo", pretending Jungkook was some sort of ghost that was haunting the cabin. Swiftly, Jungkook pulled the sheet down and kissed his mate harshly. The girl smiled against the kiss, amused at her flirty mate. Winter was cold and harsh, but with those two around, the coldness was warm and the weather softened for them; bringing the birds back and their singing to create the soundtrack of their adventures.

"We... have... to... go" Hani giggled, in the midst of the repetitive fast and sweet kisses Jungkook was leaving on her lips. "Or ... we won't... get anything done"

Their morning started like that; the way we all wished our mornings would begin – sweet and loving. After that, the duo decided to first check around the cave, since the last time that they had been there, they were running away from it, scared of getting drowned. Climbing the rock-like- stairs, Hani and Jungkook found themselves once more face to face with the engravings on the wall. The story of the pack that once had lived there, the story of the first True Alpha that, somehow, ended with two wolves that resembled like them. When their eyes landed on it, they both stopped. Confusion still swirled in their minds concerning what place they took in all that story. A new generation of True Alphas? Then, how did they know about them. Hani wondered, if her mother had been the one to draw that white wolf on the wall. If she knew her daughter would look like that too, some day.

Jungkook shared the same confusion, the same uncertainty as his mate. He had told her before that those engravings only meant one thing: that they were destined to be together. Yet, he wondered how did they know about them, so many years before they actually met. And if this role was much more than them? Would he want to fulfill it, will he be forced to do it? Nothing mattered to him besides her. He had let go of power, of vengeance, of roles besides the one in which he was her mate and she was is. Whatever those engravings had to offer to him, The Alpha wasn't interested.