Chapter X

We entered the house which was filled with pancakes aroma. I skipped to the kitchen to see the Chief dancing around while flipping the pancake and stacking a plate with the pancakes.

"erm," I coughed making him jump up in fear.

"Morning Chief" I laughed while he smiled at me.

"Oh, you brought guest home," he said when he noticed my brothers behind me,

"Yeah, they wanted to spend the day with me," I informed him while I dig into my pancakes covered in maple syrup.

"Alright go and watch movies or swim in the pool. Whatever you guys do remember to keep my princess safe and warm" Chief warned the guys glaring at them.

We spent the day watching movies, swimming. We worked out in the gym, Austin and Jake lend their gym clothes to my brothers. You can say we bonded a bit today. Austin and Jake were the bridge. They helped us to understand each other.

We shared memories and all. My brothers decided to spend the night here as well. Chief was fine with it as long as I was okay with it which I was.

"OMG! You did not tell us that you will be staying at Chief's house. We would have come, and we could have a sleepover" Anna screamed when we video called that night.

"Its okay girls, there is always next week. My doors are always open for the three princesses" Chief replied over my shoulders. The girls shouted love you to him, Chief said it back to them. He was like another father; we will tell him everything even the things we cannot share with our parents. He listens to it without judging and gives us his unbiased opinion

We chatted a bit. My brothers crashed earlier; they are not used to staying up late at night.

"Alright, let's talk about the case. Elsa, did you come with a plan to catch them?" Chief asked me seriously.
"Yes, chief I did. But I am not sure if you will approve it" I started while looking at the chief right in his eyes. He nodded for me to continue.

"I will act as bait since the last try failed, they will try in on me again. When they kidnap me, I will find a way to contact you guys, and you guys can track me down to capture them in the act," I explained the plan to them,

"NO!" Austin shouted,

"We cannot let you put yourself in danger Elsa, we can use one of the training officers" Jake tried to compromise,

"You cannot, we do not know if they have people working for them in the training academy? Plus, I am not working for the force, at least not officially. I am trained by you guys personally and I look like an easy target. I also know how to work as an officer," I spoke softly making them understand my point of view.

"She is right" the chief spoke for the first time,

"We will let her go not before hooking her up with our latest trackers," he said firmly but I saw him breaking inside.

"Thank you Chief, I promise to be home safely Chief. Plus, I am a special back up," I winked at him. He just shook his head.

The next morning, Austin and Jake still looked unhappy about the meeting last night. I just sighed at their reactions.

"Guys, I can guarantee that I will be 100% safe. I might have some bruises here and there but apart from them I will be fine" I told them.

My brothers looked confused with our conversation.

"They are not happy that I am placing me as a bait to catch a gang in the act," I told them about the conversation last night,

"Elsa you are too young to do undercover" Callen spoke sternly,

"That is the thing, I am young and that will attract the predator after me. And I am not going empty-handed. I will have someone watching me" I explain but this just made all my brothers unhappy with me.

"Alright, Austin and Jake you have one week to fully train Elsa for the undercover. So put your opinion behind and train her well enough so that she will be fine" Chief ordered his sons. They nodded at their dad's instruction. Chief pulled me out of school for a week.

We spend the week with training and planning the mission step by step. The guys always try to change my mind.

Soon it was the day where I will be kidnapped by the gang. I was feeling excited about it.

"How can you be smiling knowing at you going to be kidnapped by a gang and will be home who knows when?" Callen shouted in anger and we all turned to look at him.

"I know I should not be happy. But thanks to this, we will be able to bring home all the missing girls. They could have been me if I did not call Austin for help. And now since I can help, I will do everything I can. Callen if I can give you all a second chance to be my brothers. I want to give the girls a chance to escape and live a life they deserve," I rant to my speechless brother.

"I know you are worried, even I am worried, what if the mission goes wrong, what if the price I have to pay to save is to give my life up for it?" I paused while my voice breaks,

"I have all these thoughts running through my mind. Even with all this thought, I am confident in myself and my team and my plan" I tell them while they hang their heads.

"We shall leave it up to fate. I will be home if it is meant to be. Let start," I said before walking out of the house. Jason dropped me off at a café near the Chief's house.

"I will see you soon Jason, take care" I waved at him as I get down and walked into the café while looking at my phone. I order a drink and cake. I sat at a table far away from the window, I took out my book to read. I was reading about two chapters. When I heard footsteps coming towards me.

Jake's POV

The feeling we are feeling right now is unexplainable. I want to snatch her and lock her in a room to keep her safe. But I know how stubborn she can be. I only can hope that she is right and that her plan can help to save the girls and bring her back home safely. I can see the fear and worry in her brothers' face. I was angry at them. They did not have the right to feel anything for her. They do not know Elsa as well as me and my brother did.

"Let it out at the gym before you regret your actions Jake," Austin spoke from the across the room.

I stood up and walked to the room and took out all my emotions on the sandbag. By the time I was done, the sandbag broke and my knuckles were bleeding. I went back to the room where we are tracking and watching Elsa from. Austin walked over to me with a first aid kit. He tended to my wounds; I did not feel the pain. I was watching the screen.