14. YOU'RE HERE

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

YOU'RE HERE.

ECHO WALKED INTO TWELVE GRIMMAULD Place with the help of Remus. Arthur walked up ahead of them, opening doors and carrying a bag with Echo's dirty clothes and some of her books in it (Tonks packed her a bag with the help of Sirius). 

The place looked completely different to how Echo remembered it; spiderwebs that were usually covering the walls and ceiling were now long gone and replaced with red and green tinsel. The smell of freshly baked gingerbread wafted from the kitchen, a place Echo could hear happy chattering and laughter coming from. 

Echo felt her exhausted body leaning further into Remus as he helped her towards the dining room area, she couldn't help but wonder if Sirius was down there with them all, after all, she had heard about him locking himself in her room over the last month, but she just hoped he was out, letting himself be happy, even in these dark times. 

As soon as Arthur opened the door and let Remus and Echo enter, the room quietened down almost immediately. The Weasley children (ones that were still enrolled at Hogwarts), Harry, Hermione and Tonks were all putting up the last-minute decorations whilst Molly Weasley was standing at the kitchen counter, she was wearing an apron covered in flour, her head shot up at the sound of the door opening and within seconds she had abandoned the bowl of cookie dough and rushed to Echo's side, a look of worry etched upon her face.

"How are you feeling my love?" She asked softly, gently touching Echo's cheek.

"Better than I was," The black haired woman grinned tiredly, "Weak though."

Molly nodded understandingly, "Come, let's get you off your feet," She said, gesturing over to the closest seat (one which happened to be Sirius') and Remus helped get her seated.

"Where is he?" Echo questioned, looking up through her eyelashes at Remus and Molly.

Molly frowned and shared a look with Remus, "He's probably upstairs," She turned to look at the kids, "Harry, maybe you can get him down here? He won't listen to me."

Harry instantly put the tinsel down onto the closest chair and nodded, "Of course," He said, he walked towards the three adults, smiling softly at Echo, "I'm glad you're okay," He told her sincerely, however, when he looked at the woman, he couldn't get the picture of her getting attacked out of his head, so, before she could reply, the spectacled boy had already rushed out of the room, his footsteps were heard rushing up the creaking stairs.

Somehow, now that she was so close to seeing Sirius again, a wave of anxiety washed over her. Luckily for her, she didn't have enough time to worry, the sound of two sets of footsteps coming down the stairs echoed through her ears. As if out of reflex, Echo lifted her head up as Harry and Sirius entered the room. 

Almost instantly her eyes fell on Sirius, he looked exhausted and almost as bad as she did. His stubble was now a unkept beard, his short hair (which she helped him cut) was greasy and unruly, it also seemed to have grown out incredibly quick. He was as pale as a ghost, his cheeks completely sunken in. She wondered if she looked anywhere near as bad (she hadn't wanted to look in a mirror after the last time she did so and noticed how sickly pale her skin looked, how bloodshot her eyes were and how much she looked like someone completely different).

"You're here," Sirius breathed out, tears gathering in his eyes as he walked over, the two were looking completely at one another, as if they were the only ones in the room (and after several minutes they were since Molly silently ushered the kids out, even Remus, Arthur and Tonks left), "You're actually here," He knelt down, looking at her in disbelief.

Echo felt her eyes stinging with fresh tears, "I-I'm here," She told him, her breath hitched in her throat as Sirius reached his shaky hand out, placing it softly onto her cheek.

A tear slipped past Sirius' eyes, "D-Don't do that, okay? Ever again. I thought I-I wouldn't ever see you a-again."

Echo sniffled, nodding her head. She reached up and pressed her bandaged hand against his hand on her cheek, "I'll try, trust me," She chuckled softly, "I-I'm sorry for making you worry."

Sirius' thumb wiped her tears, "I'm sorry I wasn't there."

Echo didn't say anything, she had wrote to him countless times letting him know that she understands why he couldn't visit, it's not like she she was angry at him, if anything, it was the complete opposite. Ignoring the pain in her side, the woman reached out and pulled Sirius towards her, sighing in comfort when he instantly laced his arms around her waist as carefully as he could. They didn't say anything else, just sat there in the dining room in each others arms, their actions speaking louder than any words ever could.