《17》𝐡𝐲𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐮𝐦...

"welcome to heaven, kuroo," you declare.

you grab his hand and drag him to the cashier.

"welcome to McDonald's-"

"ah-ah-ah, you mean heaven," you interrupt.

"y/n, stop embarrassing me," kuroo whines. you pat his head and continue talking to the middle-aged lady.

"what would you like today ma'am?"

you stare at kuroo and smirk. he has small eyebags underneath his eyes and his hair is a mess - the act of my ruffling it 24/7 to try and tame his bedhead. i'm probably the only reason he stays up late. no complaints though😳🤚

"i would like one cheeseburger - extra pickles, one medium fries, and one large oreo mcflurry," you smile. kuroo holds his wallet and stares at you in disbelief. he rolls his eyes and mouths, "what?!". you just shrug my shoulders.

"will that be all for today?" the cashier asks.

"yes please," you say. you hold kuroo's shoulder and turn to the cashier. "he's gonna be paying today."

you leave the two of them and find my seat at the corner of the restaurant. my usual spot.

you watch as kuroo hands his credit card to the cashier, talking to her and shaking his head a few times. the cashier laughs and gives the card back to him. kuroo turns around, looking for me. our eyes meet and he starts walking towards our table. you put my elbows on the table and put your chin on your hands.

"what was that about?" you snicker. kuroo takes his seat in front of you. his hands are inside the pocket of his sweatshirt and his face is slightly red.

"nothing," he says. lies, lies🙄

"nothing my ass," you kick his leg, resulting in a yelp.

"what ass?" he snickers.

"the one you stared at all night during Halloween," you tease. he stops smiling.

"I WASN'T STARING AT IT," he adds.

you point at him. "so you admit that i do have some ass?" you tease.

he rolls his eyes. "ugh- no- wait yes- what? i meant that- yeah.... no, you do" he stutters. he takes a deep breath. "yes you do."

"have what?" you grin.

"ass," he mutters.

you grab his chin and cheeks. "you best believe i do." you say, and smirk. he rolls his eyes. "thanks for the food though," you add. he hasn't tried to go away from my touch, so you reluctantly let go of his chin.

"you're a very expensive girl to keep happy," he says.

"yes and what about it?" you narrow your eyes. he laughs and shakes his head.

a waitress brings your food over to our table. you dig into your burger and as you were taking a second bite, you see a hand coming out of nowhere, ready to steal your french fries. you slap it😝👍

"ouch!" kuroo screeches. da fawk are you? a bat🙄

"no touchie,"

"i was the one who bought the food," he implies.

"you bought it for me. plus, i was the one who ordered all of this,"

"are you really gonna eat all of this?" he asks, obviously disgusted. you take a bigger bite of the burger, watching for his reaction.

"hell yeah," i say, mouth full.

"please, y/n. chew slower and take smaller bites," he says. his eyebrows are furrowed. he leans his head on his hand.

"no❤️"

he attempts to touch your french fries again. you smack his hand away, again.

eventually, you throw all your french fries at him, some of them landing on the floor and table.

"FINE TAKE MY FRENCH FRIES YOU PEASANT," you yell.

"what the fuck, y/n?!" he complains. picking up all the french fries. "what are you doing, come help me!"

a worker stares at us but decides to leave us alone after seeing our "teamwork" by picking up all the french fries.

we throw the ones from the floor away, but kuroo saves the ones stuck onto his clothes and table.

"you're so mean" he groaned. "look at how many french fries we had to throw away!"

"not my fault you were trying to steal my fries," you shrug.

"i was the one who paid for them!" he whined.

"you know what? i'm gonna sleep right here, right now," he mutters and tends to lay his head on his arms - which are spread out on the table.

you smack his arm. "the table is dirty," you say.

"your hands are dirty and you're still eating your food like an animal without washing or sanitizing your hands," he replies. "i'm bored,"

"don't leave me here all by myself though," you say, eyes widening of the possibility.

"why would i? a gentleman would never leave a girl in a restaurant by herself, no matter the circumstances," he says.

"you are no gentleman, mister," you say.

"i am too!" he retorts.

"i'm not gonna argue with you again," you roll your eyes.

he lays back down. "There's Hydrogen and Helium. Then Lithium, Beryllium. Boron, Carbon everywhere. Nitrogen all through the air. With Oxygen, so you can breathe. And Fluorine for your pretty teeth. Neon to light up the signs. Sodium for salty times," he sings quietly.

"are you actually singing the periodic tables aloud?" you ask, fascinated. how much of a chem nerd is he?😹

"yes, don't bully me." he pouts.

"do you just sing that whenever you're bored?" you shove more french fries into your mouth.

"yes. sometimes before i sleep too,"

"cute," you accidentally say aloud. shit. i'm outta here 🚪🏃‍♀️

he giggles. you know, just spontaneously manages to giggle in hot chem nerd.😝

"can i have fries now?" he asks, pouting his lips in a "puppy" look. FRACK HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESIST THIS.

"sure, i don't want them anymore."

you grab your mcflurry and start eating it.

"why did you ask me to come here? is it just because of my money?" he asks, shoving french fry after french fry into his mouth.

"what if i actually wanted to spend time with my dear friend?"

"haha, you're so funny. 'friend'." he chuckles. his smile goes away and forms into a straight line.

"i'm being serious." you look away from my flurry and meet his eyes. he glances away.

"are you done?" he asks.

"no"

"then eat that on your way home, let's go,"
he stands up and heads towards the exit, not
waiting for a single moment for me to follow.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
"friend," i can feel kuroo's sadness and jealousy all the way here😭 stop itttt why am i doing this to myself😀
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝