Part 41

Still he is a child...

Arnav sat on his bed in disaster state, he recalled is childhood where he and his sister Anjali who lived their life happily with their parents like others, but their fate snatched away his mom from kids whose life was shattered completely at that time. His dad married again only thinking about his kids and their future but after that marriage nothing changed for them still emptiness filled in their life.

Anjali came out of her trauma as time passed by, but arnav can't be able to, which made others to get worry about him and his future. Arnav's mom got promise from arnav when she came to knew that she was not going to live her life for long hours, that promise was about his future where he wanna become successful man like his dad and wanna make his dad proud by supporting him in his business, also he needs to protect his sister anjali from evil stuffs.

Remembering his promise which he gave to his mom he thought himself, he wanna be a strong person and for that he decided to kill his emotions and he stayed away from all by staying and completing his studies in US. Even though he loves his dad and sister still he buried all his love and went for aboard thinking about his future. That time he never thought that one day his dad also will leave him alone with Anjali, but when time came for his promise to get fulfill, fate took his dad from them.

After knowing about his dad death he felt guilty thinking, he was not a responsible son to their parents. He never realized that he himself is thinking him as a strong person when actually he is not. His sister is more brave than him for accepting the truth and moving on in her life.

Arnav decided himself that he wants to get justice for his dad's death, until then he is not going to participate in any poojas. With these thoughts he drifted to sleep without realizing it by leaning on the head post of bed..

Next day early morning Arnav came out of his room to get his coffee, he looked at his surroundings where all the ladies are busy in arrangement for pooja. He silently went to kitchen to prepare his coffee on his own.

When he entered inside the kitchen, khushi who is preparing prasad for pooja looked at him. She was shocked to see his face which is pale and gloomy and his expressive eyes were red in color which clearly indicates that he had been crying. She never seen him like this, she wished to ask him that he is okay or not but she didn't open her mouth.

Arnav completely ignored her and prepared his coffee using coffee maker. After preparing it he went from there again leaving khushi alone there, who got disturbed now by seeing his state. Time came for pooja everybody gathered at hall for it, but arnav didn't come there.

Pandit came on time pooja is also started, khushi is looking at stairs now and then unknowingly to get his glimpse but no use.

Khushi felt restless thinking about him Is he okay, how he still didn't come down for his own fathers pooja. And also surprised how everyone didn't bother about him and called him.

Finally she asked anjali, Di still arnavji didn't come.

Anjali gave a sad smile and said, he won't come khushi.

Khushi is surprised after hearing her answer. She asked anjali why he won't come.

Anjali replied, he never attended any pooja after our mom's death he don't believe in any pooja stuffs because my mom is so traditional and she followed everything still she died leaving us alone so arnav is thinking all these pooja and all just our blind belief.

Now khushi came to knew that this strong person is also having some pain in his heart which he is going through still. Pooja ended well but all this time khushi is thinking about one thing and one person who is none other than arnav, her only thought is what is he doing now...

Suddenly pandit called her to give prashad, she took it and thought, shall I go and give him...

To her own question she got answer from anjali who asked her to go and give prashad to arnav as she was busy in other works.

Khushi is curious to see him but also hesitated to go to his room. Khushi slowly went towards his room without making noise she composed herself and opened his door slightly which is not locked from inside.

Before entering inside she peeped in and scanned his room and got puzzled seeing the empty room. She thought where he went, when she decided to move from there she heard weeping sounds, she turned her head and looked at that direction only to get shock, her eyes went wide seeing the figure who sat on the floor by leaning on bed, he buried his face on his knees and weeping like child who lost his candy. Khushi wished to go and hug him to console but she don't know how he will react and she know one thing for sure he won't speak his heart out to her.