The right neighborhood part 2,5

So last time I accidentally updated the wrong part so this part happens before 'The right neighborhood part 3. I am so sorry for the confusion and hope you can forgive me.

***********

The next day Elena was helping Damon and Stefan clean up after yesterday's home invasion. She had started to clean up all the glass as she listen to Damon rant about yesterday.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon growled as he was putting up boards over the broken window.

"And then what?" Stefan groaned. "Turn to the rest of the vampires and say 'Oops, sorry' and hope that they'll let us leave?"

"Can't we just talk to Pearl?" Elena asked softly. "It's just..."

"Just what?" Stefan asked.

"To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi." Elena smiled slightly. "I have a bad feeling about this."

"What is that feels bad about it?" Stefan looked at her.

"I don't know." Elena admitted with a shrug. "I have the feeling that something is coming."

"Are we sure we can trust Pearl?" Stefan wanted to know then he turned towards Damon. "Why did you make a deal with her, anyway?"

"It was less a deal and more a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice." Damon defended himself. "She's...scary. Besides she's going to help me get Kathrine back."

"Are you sure you want too?" Elena looked at him sadly.

"Want to what?" Damon asked.

"Find Kathrine and take her back?" Elena murmured.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Damon smirked.

"Because she doesn't deserve you Damon." Elena walked up to him and placed her hand gently on his cheek. "She abandoned you for 145 years and I don't want her to hurt you again."

"I...I...I need to go." Damon stuttered out and was gone before Elena could react.

"I didn't mean to make him uncomfortable." Elena muttered.

"He'll be okay, he's just not used to people caring." Stefan pulled her into a hug.

"How are we going to handle the vampires from the tomb?" Elena asked after a while. "I don't have anything against Pearl or Anna but those that attacked us are going down."

"Let me and Damon handle it, please." Stefan pleaded. "I just want you safe."

"And I want you and Damon safe." Elena declared with a glare, then she softened. "I'll go home so I can get something to eat and maybe take a nap."

"You okay?" Stefan asked concerned, never having heard about Elena taking a nap in all the time he had known her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Elena smiled. "I just didn't sleep well last night, weird dreams and stuff."

"Okay, drive safely." Stefan told her softly.

"Absolutely." Elena smirked teasingly. "100mph the whole way."

XOXOXOX

Elena woke up to insistent knocking on the door. She got up from the couch, were she had taken her nap, and went to open the door.

"You're ignoring me." Damon walked in as soon as the door was open.

"No, I'm not." Elena defended herself as she rubbed her left eye and closed the door with a yawn.