29| chords

“Don’t die. (Lol)”
- njhpiper

29| chords

I close my eyes. My fingers are clasped in his as Oliver Carlson is kissing my neck.

Oliver presses his soft lips on my skin and kisses down from my neck to my collarbone to my shoulder, and back comes up, kissing my jaw. Then he pulls back. I breathe out.

“Are you alive?” Oliver asks.

I open my eyes and glare at him. “What?”

Oliver nods. “I was just checking.”

I open my mouth to give him a piece of my mind, while Oliver sees it as an opportunity to kiss me on the tip of my nose.

I shut down immediately.

“So,” Oliver says as he kisses on my throat. “What are the chords?” he asks casually as if he isn’t just pressing his lips on my skin, kissing me, while I’m fighting to breathe because my heart is going to give out.

I gulp down. What are the chords? That is my question.

I have been playing guitar since I was thirteen. Then one day, Oliver Carlson starts kissing me. I forget everything. Too bad, Gwen. Too bad.

You are so gone.

“I remember. There’s one called...” I trail off as I feel Oliver moving down to the base of my throat.

Oliver. Oliver. Oliver.

Wait, that’s not the names of the chords.

“Yes,” Oliver says as he pauses. “You can’t even name one?”

Oliver’s eyes are dark and dilated, almost like he is drugged. He looks down and kisses the hollow of my throat and then moves down to my beauty bone.

Goosebumps are breaking out in my skin. I don’t know how I’m still alive. It’s the question of the century.

“It’s called... it’s called...” I pant. I look down at Oliver, who’s resting his chin on my shoulder. Our noses almost brush.

I can feel the hair on the end of my neck standing up.

Oliver’s lip twitches. He closes his eyes, pulling me even closer, if possible. Then I feel him shaking.

He’s not shaking, he’s vibrating. He buries his face in my shoulder and vibrates as he laughs.

Oliver Carlson is laughing. He is laughing.

I shiver as Oliver pulls back and shakes his head. I want to record his laughter and play it over and over again. Call me crazy, I don’t care.

Oliver looks... he looks like all my dreams come true. He looks like the most beautiful man on earth as he laughs his heart out.

Wait a second.

Oliver is laughing at me.

Me.

What the hell.

“You forgot all of them,” Oliver says. He even wipes his eyes as if to wipe his fake tears. He is grinning now, from ear to ear.

I exhale and inhale to calm myself. I’m so warm that I feel like I have a fever. 

“I know them,” I say. “I know all of them!” I grab the collar of his shirt.

Oliver stops smiling. His eyes get a little darker.