14

You and Alex got back to the hotel room and promptly passed out that night. It was incredible what a car trip took out of a person.

When you woke up, Alex was unpacking her bags in her pajamas. She smiled down at you, nodding over to the night table by your side. A mug of tea and a muffin were waiting for you.

"Morning." She said.

You sat up, stretching in bed. "Morning. Thanks for grabbing me a tea." You said, taking the mug and sipping. The tea was warm and ran smoothly down your throat.

Alex nodded. "No problem." She said.

You reached over for your phone, checking your notifications from the night before. "Anything exciting on the docket for today?" You asked.

"Probably going to be a vlog day." Alex said. "Niki said something about going shopping, and Wilbur had a movie he wanted to go see, so I don't know."

Trading your phone for your muffin, you nodded. It would be good to get some vlog content of the trip, and a day out shopping was the perfect way to do it.

Alex finished doing her unpacking, and grabbed some clothes from where she had stowed them away. "I'm going to hop in the shower." She said, disappearing into the bathroom. You just sipped at your tea and ate your muffin, tired, but happy.

After Alex was done, you took a shower and got dressed as well. You were going to meet everyone at a sort of strip mall thing after you and Alex grabbed something more substantial to eat. You made sure your vlog camera was charged and ready to go, and then you and Alex were on the road, breakfast sandwiches in hand.

"So." Alex said, munching on her sandwich as she drove. "I think last night went well."

"Yeah, I had a good time." You said.

"You were, uh, talking to Tommy a lot." Alex said, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

"We were sitting next to each other, of course I was talking to him." You said.

Alex just hummed, pulling into a parking space. You could see Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur and Niki waiting outside for you. Tommy had his vlogging camera in hand, and was filming as you got out of the car. You switched your camera on as well, filming him.

"Good morning everyone!" Wilbur greeted. You swallowed down the last bit of your breakfast sandwich and smiled, pointing your camera at him.

"What's on the agenda?" Alex asked.

"We were going to go shopping." Niki said. "There's some nice shops-"

"New challenge." Tommy interrupted. "Alex-buy-something-that's-not-blue challenge." His vlog camera was pointed at Alex.

"I'm not even wearing anything blue today." Alex said.

"You are!" Tommy insisted, pointing his camera on Alex's jeans. "Your pants!"

"All jeans are blue!" Alex said. "That doesn't count."

You just sat back and laughed, following the argument with your camera as you moved down row of shops with the rest of the group. You shopped for a good bit of the day, going from clothing stores to gift shops as the group bantered and talked. It would make for good content when you chopped it down and edited it all later - people loved vlogs.

You ended up getting matching tee shirts with Tommy and Tubbo at Tubbo's insistence. They were simple - just white shirts, but the design is what really caught Tubbo's attention. Bees, but instead of regular bees, they were dynamite themed - red with wicks instead of stingers.

"It's perfect!" Tubbo had said. "We can all wear them together!"

You ended up buying the shirt, knowing you would probably hold onto it forever.

After a few hours of shopping and many jokes about how the sweatshirt Alex had ended up buying still had a blue design on the front, you decided to stop of lunch at a little pizza place. Again, you wound up sandwiched next to Tommy, with Alex shooting you suggestive looks from across the table.

You were just finishing up lunch when Wilbur made his next suggestion.

"So," He said, wiping off his hands. "Movie?"

"Yes, movie!" Tubbo agreed.

"I made sure it was PG-13." Wilbur said. "You know, small ears-"

"Alright listen here Wilbur-"

You all went to the movie anyway. Of course, you couldn't bring your camera into the theater, but you wouldn't want to vlog most of this anyway. You were here to enjoy yourself, after all. You were walking into the theater, about to sit down, when Alex dropped into your seat.

You blinked at her. "I was going to sit there."

Alex shrugged, mocking nonchalance. "Sorry." She said, glancing over the rows. "Looks like there's still a seat next to Tommy though."

You narrowed your eyes at her, but went to sit down between Tommy and Niki anyway. It was fine. Alex wasn't getting any of your Twizzlers then.

"I'll trade you some Sour Patch kids for a Twizzler." Tommy said.

"Sure, but no orange ones." You said, pulling out a Twizzler and handing it to him. He dropped a few Sour Patch kids in your hand, his fingers brushing across your palm.

You accepted the candy and tried to keep your blush down.

As the movie started to roll you tried to focus on the screen. You really did. But your nerves were tingling where Tommy had touched you and your hand was warm. You glanced over to him as the lights went down. His hand was resting on the arm rest between you.

It would be so easy to just reach out and grab it.

But you wouldn't. You'd only met him a day ago, and you weren't friends like that. It would be weird of you held his hand at the movies. Too romantic. Too intimate.

That didn't mean you were going to stop thinking about it though.