18

It seemed like you got back on the SMP just in time for shit to hit the fan. 

You hadn't really intended on streaming today - you never really streamed on Fridays, usually reserving that time for editing YouTube videos (and you could have really used it to get some of those vlogs started), but Alex had texted you when you'd gotten home from school.

hey are you streaming today?

You'd been a little confused, but you texted back anyway. 

no i was going to edit why?

You'd only gotten a cryptic response. 

you might want to. big things on the server today.

You didn't entirely trust Alex - there was a high percentage chance that this was a prank - but you set up a stream and logged onto the server anyway. When you loaded in, you were just where you had left off in your house. Nothing seemed amiss.  

You opened the Discord as well, joining the voice call. "Hey."

"Y/N, hi!" Tubbo said. 

"Hi Tubbo." You smiled. You checked the list of other people online - Alex, Technoblade, Tubbo, Wilbur, Quackity, Schlatt, BadBoyHalo, Antfrost, Punz and Tommy. A good assortment of people, and more than were online usually. 

"Tubbo," You asked, "You wouldn't happen to be here from a cryptic message from Alex, would you?"

"No." Tubbo said. "I usually play around this time anyway though."

Discord made a little noise as someone else joined the call, and then Tommy's voice was in your headset, making your heart melt a little.

"Hello Y/N." He said. "And Tubbo."

"Hi," You replied. "Did you get a cryptic message from Alex today at any point?"

"Urm, no." Tommy said. "Why, was I supposed to?"

"No, I did earlier and I was just wondering." You said. "She said there were going to be big things happening on the SMP today."

"Huh." Tubbo said. "That's weird, cause Technoblade said something like that last time I was on."

Something was up. You could feel in in the air. You were about to say something when your phone buzzed. Another text from Alex. 

come to Manberg

"Did you just get a message from Alex saying to come to Manberg?" Tommy asked. 

"Yeah." You said. 

"Something is up." Tommy said. "Something is definitely up."

You grabbed your sword and donned your armor before you left the house, heading to Manberg. Your inventory was empty except for things you would absolutely need, like food and arrows. Part of you was still thinking that this was some elaborate prank, but the other part...

The other part thought Sad-ist might have to get to work soon. 

"Meet up on the path." You said. "I don't want to walk into whatever this is alone."

"Alright." Tommy said. A moment later you spotted him coming towards you, Tubbo in tow. 

"Everyone else is in VC 1." Tubbo said. 

"Just, before whatever this is happens, I can count on you guys, right?" You asked. 

"Of course." Tubbo said. 

"To the death." Tommy said. 

You laughed. "That's an animatic line if I've ever heard one."

Tommy chuckled as well. "Got to get them in while I can."

You took a breath, jittering your fingers across your keyboard. "See you guys in there." With that, you left the call and joined the other, which was already a cacophony of noise. You made your way down the path and into Manberg, where everyone had gathered. 

Alex was nowhere to be seen. 

"Didn't Alex call everyone here?" You asked. "Where is she?"

"I got a message from Technoblade." Antfrost said. "He's not here either."

You scanned the crowd, looking for a pig in a crown, but he was nowhere to be seen. Something was off. 

"Why would they ask us to meet if they weren't even going to show up?" Schlatt griped. "And in my own goddamn country-"

It was then that things started blowing up. 

Explosions from under the ground and in the buildings around you knocked you out of place. The call broke out into a mess of shouts as everyone was hit by the fallout. Manberg was aflame, and rubble was raining down from the sky. The damage was so server that your computer struggled to keep up.

And then, flaming arrows were as well. 

You scurried behind a broken wall that would provide you some shelter. Kill notifications started to fill the char bar, all belonging to Technoblade and Alex. They had planned this. They had gathered everyone up and destroyed the entire country in one go.

"Technoblade!" Schlatt shouted into the call. "How could you do this?"

Technoblade's calm and unbothered voice broke out through the chaos. "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." 

You stepped out from behind the wall, arming yourself with your sword. The survivors were coming out from their hiding places as well. Around you, Manberg was in pieces. Everything Schlatt had built was in pieces. Nothing but ruins had survived. 

You saw Technoblade moving through the wreckage, axe in hand, picking off the survivors one by one.

If you wanted to make it out alive, you needed to run.

You turned back the way you had arrived, sprinting away from the wreckage. The ruin made it difficult to run, and you kept falling in holes. It was when you fell into one of these holes that you found Tommy, hiding.

"Y/N." He said. "You're alive-"

"Tommy we have to go." You said, climbing out of the hole. "We have to run, Tommy, c'mon!"

Tommy followed you out of the hole, sprinting across the open wreckage.You could see the out reaches of safety when you heard Alex laughing into the call.

"Y/N stop running, you know I have to kill you now." She said.

"You were going to kill me anyway!" You said.

"That's not true." Alex said. An arrow hit you in the back.

"You're trying to kill me right now!" You insisted. Another arrow hit you. You knew you wouldn't be able to beat her. You just needed to get far enough away that it wouldn't matter-

"Y/N keep going!" Tommy said. 

You turned to take a peek behind you. Tommy ran at Alex, sword in hand, battling at full force. He was giving you an opportunity to get away. 

You hesitated. You could probably beat Alex together-

But then Tommy died, his gear falling to the ground, and Alex turned to you again, nailing you in the chest with an arrow. 

The respawn button stared at you from the screen.

"I told you to run." Tommy said, deadpan.

"I thought we could get her together." You said. 

"Yeah well now we're both dead. Together." Tommy said.

And as you looked at the wreckage of Manberg around the respawn button, you began to laugh.