19

It turned out Alex and Technoblade had been working together for a long time. Longer than any of you - even their viewers - had known.

The stunt they had pulled had been a battle cry against any sort of organized country on the server. Things had been simpler when it was every man for himself, and there had been no wars until people had started collecting together. Forming packs, they had called it. 

While they were factually correct - there had been no wars when it had just been each player on their own, you thought they were taking things a little too far by declaring themselves god and stating that no civilized society should ever rise from this earth again. 

Sad-ist was going to have a field day with that line though.

Still, a lot had happened in the server since Manberg's destruction. Technoblade and Alex had managed to wrangle Dream into siding with them as well - their new agenda wasn't that far from what he had been fighting for in the original war. Schlatt and his followers had moved on from the wreckage. You'd speculated that they'd moved underground somewhere, plotting to take back some form of the country they had lost. 

The only on who had stayed was Wilbur. He'd started at the steaming ruins for a good long time before starting to repair everything. It was a sad sight to see, especially after you had pledged yourself to help him and the others get the old L'Manberg back. These days, your streams were filled with rebuilding efforts, even though you were sure once you got anything solid, Technoblade and Alex would just destroy it again.

As much as you hated them for putting an end to Manberg, you had to admit they had been right. With the destruction of the place, most of the fighting had ceased. Granted, it was probably only because everyone was now trying to figure out how to take them out of power, but it had ceased nonetheless. 

Needless to say, you needed a break from the SMP. Just for a little while. 

So when you sat down to stream on Saturday, you opened Reddit and Tumblr instead of Minecraft, looking for fanart. 

Currently, you were looking at a drawing of Alex and Technoblade side by side in the ruins of Manberg, weapons in hand. They looked regal and dangerous, blue, grey and silver juxtaposed by red, pink and gold. 

"This is really good." You said. "Like, really good. You guys are so talented, I swear." 

You had just searched for the Dream SMP, and the results did no disappoint. So far, most of the art had been of Technoblade and Alex's takeover, but there had been other things as well - happy little pieces of different people hanging out, and of course pieces from the previous wars and elections.

You scrolled down. "Oooh, this one's of me!"

It was you, sitting in a field of flowers as the sun set over a hill. It was a really well done piece, the lighting was soft but beautiful, and the attention to detail was amazing. Your sword was laying in the grass next to you, as was a shield. You scanned over the watermark at the bottom of the image. 

"Kiwi504, if you're in the chat right now, this is gorgeous!" You said. "I would hang this on my wall if I could. Thank you!"

You grazed over the image one more time before your eyes slipped to the tag underneath. You clicked on the tag of your name, filtering the content even more.

"Is it narcissistic to look at fanart of just yourself?" You asked. "I mean, probably, but whatever."

You began to scroll, looking for the most recent images. The first to load caught your attention immediately. 

It was a comic panel of sorts, of your last stream. You and Tommy were running through the fiery wreckage of Manberg towards freedom. The next panel was Alex with a bow taking aim. You knew what happened next. You took an arrow to the shoulder. 

Except the artist portrayed that you stumbled, and Tommy helped you back up to your feet, a protective hand on your back.

The comic didn't end there. You took another arrow, this time to the arm, and Tommy headed back to fight Alex, rage painted plain on his face. Alex stabbed him through the middle and he died. The comic panned back over to you. You looked traumatized. There were tears running down your face, and your eyes were wide with panic, like you had just watched someone you loved die.

The comic ended with Alex pointing her bow at you again.

"Wow." You breathed. "This is amazing..." 

It certainly was. And looking at the way Tommy looked at you in the comic... well it was making you feel things. 

Brushing it off though, you moved on, scrolling down the page more, to the next piece. There was no respite from the onslaught though, as the next piece loaded in, showing you and Tommy sitting on top of a tower, gazing up at the stars.

Tommy had one arm draped around your shoulders as he pointed at a constellation. You felt your face heat up as you looked at the piece. The rest had been relatively cartoony, but this one was semi-realistic. 

It didn't help that your mind immediately jumped to what it had felt like to hug Tommy, and how strong his arms had been around you-

You distracted yourself by looking over to the chat instead, hoping to find some question to answer, or funny comment instead. There was only one word though, spammed over and over.

Tommy/n.

You had been around the internet long enough to know a ship name when you saw one. 

You needed a distraction for thirty thousand people picked up on your crush and told Tommy.

A joke. You could make a joke.

"Pfff." You said, rapidly scrolling away. "Why's Tommy got to be in all of them? I clicked on this to look at pictures of me, not that guy. I want to see pictures of me looking like a badass, not me and Tommy!"

But deep down, you knew you would be coming back to look at these later.