26

"Hello everybody! How are we doing today?"

You were sitting beside Tommy in front of his streaming setup, watching as the comments rolled in. You were supposed to have started the stream about fifteen minutes ago, but there had been a fight over who got the fancy gamer chair, which devolved into an impromptu wrestling match, which had devolved into you and Tommy laying on his bedroom floor, just looking at each other. 

You didn't think you had ever been this happy in your life. 

But the chair issue had been sorted out (Tommy had given you a very cushy stool to sit on) and the stream had begun only a little behind schedule. You smiled at the camera, waving as people gushed over that fact that you and Tommy were streaming together in the comments. 

"Yes, yes Y/N is here." Tommy said. "We're doing a you laugh you lose today gents, so you better actually send some funny stuff this time." He turned to you. "Have I told you my chat is possibly the most unfunny chat ever?"

"Can't say you have." You said. 

Tommy's lips quirked up into a smile as you played along. "They're always sending in like, KPop memes, or anime shit and it's just not funny." He said. "What happened to good old fashioned humor?"

"Yeah." You agreed. "Like people falling down the stairs."

Tommy barked out a laugh. 

"Ah!" You said. "You lose."

"Wha-" Tommy spluttered. "It doesn't count, we haven't started yet."

"Then let's get going, I wanna win." You said. "How many lives do we get?"

"Five." Tommy said. 

"So, you have four then." You said.

"No, that didn't count!" Tommy insisted. 

"You laughed! On the stream! It counts!" You said. 

"Fine, fine." Tommy said. "So you have five and I have four then. Let's get this rolling."

The first video came rolling in, a meme you had seen millions of times before. It was easy to keep a straight face, and Tommy did the same. 

"C'mon, you can do better than that." You taunted. 

And so it went. Tommy had been right about his chat - the videos they sent were mildly amusing at best, none of them really laugh-out-loud worthy. A few times you got close though. 

Despite the chat being notoriously bad at choosing actually funny videos and jokes to send, you and Tommy were in the negatives for score now. You kept accidentally making each other laugh, just by doing simple thing like looking at each other or even, not looking at each other. 

You probably should have made a rule that making each other laugh didn't count.

You were just lucky Tommy wasn't drinking anything. 

Another video ended and you glanced out of the side of your vision at Tommy. He was doing the same to you, his lip quivering as he tried to hold back his laughter. 

"Don't look at me." You said. 

"Why not?" He asked. 

"You're going to make me laugh." You said. 

"Just looking at you is going to make you laugh?" Tommy turned to face you full on, staring you down as the corners of his lips quirked up.

You exhaled through your nose, trying very hard to subdue the giggles that were pooling in your stomach. "Stop."

"Why?" Tommy asked.

You kicked the side of his gaming chair, scooting him away from you.

"Hey, that's not fair." Tommy said, reaching out to nudge the stool you were sitting on. You leaned back to avoid his touch at the same time he pushed, and then you were falling in slow motion, toppling off the chair and onto the floor.

"Oh my god." Tommy said, staring down at you, mouth open.

The giggles came tumbling out of you as you just lay on the floor. You were sure the chat was going insane. Tommy got out of his chair to extend a hand to you. You took his hand, a little idea playing at the back of your mind. 

Before Tommy could start to help you up, you tugged him down to the floor as well. He collapsed next to you, shaking the whole setup. You burst out laughing even harder, and he couldn't stop his laughter either. It had to at least be an entire minute before you both got up again, straightening out your clothes and retaking your seats. 

The chat was going absolutely insane. 

Tommy cleared his throat, mocking seriousness like nothing had even happened in the first place. "Next video?"

The next video started to play, just an unfunny as the others. The giggles successfully knocked out of you from the fall, you watched, passive and straight faced. You only looked away when your phone buzzed. You pulled it out to see two texts from Alex. 

The first one was a selfie of her and her university friend outside some shops. The second was the message that made your face heat up. 

made a move yet? i got the notif. that tommy was streaming

All of a sudden, you could feel Tommy's presence acutely beside you as he watched the videos roll in. Part of you desperately wanted to take this opportunity to tell him how you felt. The other part knew that he might say no.

You replied to Alex quickly, shoving your phone away before anyone else could see the messages.

not yet. 

Yet. 

You'd tacked it onto the end of the sentence before you sent it, because you were going to make some kind of move today. You'd come all this way to see this boy, and you were going to tell him, at least a little. You weren't going to hide behind your phone or your computer anymore.

Just... not while sixty thousand people were watching you two giggle at nothing. 

"Everything alright?" Tommy said, nodding to where you had stowed your phone away.

"Yeah, just Alex." You said. "She sent a picture of her and her friends. They're out shopping."

"Tell her to buy something that isn't blue." Tommy grinned. 

You chuckled, adding his comment to your reply quickly. Alex just sent the rolling eyes emoji back.

You tucked your phone back away  as the stream continued, glancing at Tommy. 

You were going to do it. 

You had to.