Chapter 31: The DA

T H E   D A

———

Mal's POV

Perhaps Mione was right. Maybe this — us — you, are a mistake. Maybe it is the worst mistake I've ever made. Maybe you are the worst mistake I've ever made. Maybe it'll lead to my doom. Maybe you'll lead to my destruction.

And yet, I think I would be my own destruction if you were no longer in my life. I'm being a masochist. You hurt me, and my friends, and yet... I can't seem to let you go. I know I should, after everything I really should, but I don't want to. You deserve something good in your life, and I hope I am that something.

———

I laughed along with Mione as we both succeeded in our Reducto spell. I looked around and smiled at how happy everyone looked, there come few and far moments between these days where we can all come together and be happy. I wish Draco could understand.

Suddenly, the room started shaking and we huddled together to stand guard, ready for whatever it may be that comes our way. Harry stepped closer to the sudden hole made in the wall and immediately instructed us all to go back after seeing Umbitch's face appear. The wall finally crumpled down in a big hole and I saw Umbitch with her cynical smile, the rest of the Inquisitorial squad behind her, and Draco holding Cho roughly and pointing his wand at her neck with a smug smile on his face. He scanned the room and when he finally locked eyes with me I saw fear overcome him, evident in his eyes as he saw the disappointment in mine.

"Get them." Umbitch commanded with a smile and the rest of the Inquisitorial Squad members followed immediately.

All except Draco, who still stood speechless with his wand still threateningly pointing towards Cho's neck. I heard Mione wince and immediately looked to my right, seeing Goyle take her hands behind her back roughly. I was about to defend her when Pantsy came up behind me and pulled my wrists together, making me wince.

"I've been waiting to do this a long time you filthy mudblood." She whispered in my ear and I recoiled at feeling her hot breath on my ear. I struggled against her hold but she still took me with her. I looked around me to see who else was captured by the inquisitorial squad: Harry, Ginny, Ron, Mione, and me. All of us were.

"Finch, take care of the rest. Members," she looked over at them, "don't be kind." She looked directly at me and I glared at her. "Malfoy, take Mr. Potter. These two will come with me." I looked over at Draco, pleading he doesn't, and he stayed looking at me for a while, an unidentifiable expression on his face. "Malfoy!" Umbitch caught his attention and he hesitated a second more before coming for Harry as well. Damn it Draco. He avoided looking at me as he grabbed Harry by the collar and pulled him out of the room.

"Let's go mudblood." Pansy said and motioned at the other members of the squad to leave with us. We all struggled against their hold as they pulled us away somewhere. I looked over at Mione and she simply nodded at me. I sighed and we continued on with the members pulling us.

They led us to our dorms, and I was separated from the rest. God, sometimes I really hate being a Slytherin. Pantsy pulled me into my room and threw me on the bed. Bitch.

"You should've known we would catch you. Dumbledore has done nothing but make mistake after mistake, he's the worst headmaster this school this school has ever seen. Of course a mudblood like you would support him."

"He's the best headmaster this school has ever seen. And I am proud to support him. So get you and your classist opinions out of my room."

"Haven't I told you not to speak that way to your superiors? This will surely make you learn..." I saw her grasp her wand but I was quicker, I took out mine immediately and put the DA's skills into practice.