» 49 «

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair-minded, and, most importantly... a fierce, fierce friend."

The whole school, as well as the Durmstrang boys and the Beauxbaton girls, had assembled in the Great Hall this afternoon to commemorate Cedric. Dumbledore was the only one standing before us. Even the rest of the Professors and this was a first, were sitting on the chairs in front of him.

Usually, they would have their separate table and seats at the front of the hall; but not today. Today we were all sitting as one, all grieving as one.

"Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see... Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort!" Just as the words left Dumbledore's mouth, you could feel unrest roam through the hall, a few students looking around in shock, but nobody made a sound.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But, not to do so would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak different tongues, our hearts beat as one."

I closed my eyes and continued to listen to him speak. This man really had a way with words. They hit you right where you needed them to. They also made me think about my two years at Hogwarts now; the friendships I've made, the family I found.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, even though Harry was a pain in the ass most of the time.

"In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever." Without even thinking about it, my eyes automatically searched for Malfoy in the crowd. To my surprise, he was already looking at me when I found him.

He wouldn't talk about that night in the hospital wing anymore, whenever I asked about it he got so mad he didn't talk to me for a few hours. So, in the end, I just dropped it.

What else was I supposed to do?

We held eye contact for a few seconds before he diverted his gaze back onto the ground.

"Remember that Cedric Diggory did not die in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind, and honest, and brave, and true right to the very end."

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*

"That was beautiful." My voice was soft as I walked up behind Harry after the small service was over.

He turned around, a little startled that I had interrupted his daydreaming, but he gave me a small smile. He nodded.

We walked out of the hall together, both of us hanging after our own thought. "Can we talk?" He asked after a while, and I nodded. "Of course."

We came to a halt and sat on one of the benches in front of the castle. "I saw them. That night in the graveyard... I saw our parents," He said slowly, and my breath hitched at the mention of them.

"You-" I cleared my throat, still processing his words. "You saw mum and dad?" I asked in awe, and he nodded, a small smile on his lips.

"When Voldemort and I were fighting, our wands kind of... connected? There was-"

"-That dome that formed around you? I saw it, but everything happened so fast... Was it really them?" Once more, he nodded to answer my question.

"They are the only reason we were able to make it out of there. They distracted him, saved our lives," He said, mumbling the last few words to himself rather than telling me. A smile found itself on my lips as well now.

"They were so incredibly brave, weren't they?" Though the smile was still on my face, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. And I noticed them in Harry's, too.

He wrapped his arms around me at once, hugging me tightly and whispering in my ear that everything was alright; that I still had him. "I'm sorry I was acting like such an idiot this whole time," He sighed into my hair, and I nodded.

"You really were," I chuckled lightly, looking at him. "But I don't know what I'd do without you." He pulled me back into the hug, and we stayed like that for a while-neither of us wanting to move. I don't think he would've let me if I wanted to, anyway.

I noticed the courtyard in front of the school had filled up quite a bit since we've gotten here, and I was confused for a moment, but then I realised.

"I still have to say goodbye to Viktor and Alexei! They're leaving soon, aren't they?" I asked a hint of panic in my voice; my eyes already scanning the area for them.

"Yeah, should be any time now," He said, just as I made them out in between the many students. I wiped the remaining tears off my cheek, gave Harry another smile and then made my way towards them.

Viktor was talking to Hermione, while Alex was just standing there. "You don't have a lover to say goodbye to?" I teased, nudging his side with a laugh.

He scoffed before a laugh escaped his lips as well. "Just you."

I rolled my eyes and then quickly threw my arms around him. "I'll miss you so much!" I sighed into his chest.

"I'll miss you too, little one." I gave it my all to keep my tears to myself this time. I wasn't about to cry for the second time today. Otherwise, it might as well just became a habit of mine. I'd rather avoid that.

"And you'll give Oleg my present? I really miss that little demon kid. Though, he's probably not so little anymore now, is he?" I joked, and he nodded.

"I can guarantee you he isn't," He laughed. "Of course I'll give it to him. Promise." An assuring expression formed on his face and I nodded, satisfied with his promise. "And who knows, maybe we'll even visit you over the summer." He said with a wink, and I gasped.

"Please do!" I cheered, giving him another hug before waving goodbye as he and Viktor walked towards their ship.

Wren walked up behind me, giving me a small hug from behind before standing next to me. "It'll be weird without them around next year," She said, and I sighed.

"Very."

End of year 4.