Chapter 11

January 24th - 5:30am
Amy's Pov

The alarm was blaring I turned it off half asleep , I rolled over and opened my eyes Jake was gone. I was so confused he wasn't working today so it was really out of the ordinary for him to be awake at this time , he barely woke up when he actually had to get up for work.

"Jake?!" I shouted before getting up.
"Yes?" He shouted back.
"What are you doing?" I questioned while walking into the living room.
"Well come in her and you'll see!" He yelled.
"Okay!" I replied.

I walked in half awake but then my eyes open so wide , on the table there was a big breakfast waiting there for me. We both sat down and ate , there was bacon , eggs , beans , toast and even croissants!

"Jake this is delicious!" I exclaimed.
"Aw thanks babe , I had to watch so many youtube videos to do this!" He laughed.
"So whats the occasion?"I asked.
"Well you're a sergeant now and I felt bad for you working on a Sunday and how stressed you are about the wedding so I decided to make you this" He smiled.
"Thanks Jake I really appreciate it" I replied.
"Anyways you go get ready for work while I clear away these plates" He said while gathering the plates.

I got ready for work , I put my uniform on and did my hair and put a little bit of lipstick on. I was ready quite early today so I sat down with Jake in the living room to watch tv , soon enough it was time for me to go to work so I put my shoes on and grabbed my bag.

"I'm going now babe , I'll see you later" I said while kissing him on the cheek.
"Bye Ames , I'll miss you" He smiled.
"I'll miss you too" I replied while closing the door of our apartment.

I got in the elevator and head to my car , I looked up to our window and saw Jake smiling and waving. He does that every day I go to work without him it really made my day , it never gets old. I finally arrive in the precinct earlier than usual which was good because I made it to the briefing room before my uniformed officers , when the officers arrived I started to let them know about how we need more security in certain areas of the city so they need to work extra harder to patrol the area. There was many more things I said but its kind of boring so I'll just leave it , I only had a half day today so Rosa agreed to come wedding dress shopping with me. I was excited but nervous because I left this so last minute which is so unlike me I have just been so stressed with everything lately so I was glad Rosa agreed to come with me. My shift was finally over so I met Rosa outside the precinct and we went to a really nice dress shop not far from the precinct and it's surprisingly really affordable as well , as soon as we arrived I saw a dress in the window that I fell in love with immediately. It had long laces sleeves that were beautiful , it also had a gorgeous design fading down it into big poofy dress , I loved everything about it and I knew Jake would love it too.

"Wow" I said in amazement.
"Thats dope" Rosa added on.
"So dope!" I exclaimed.
"Well why don't you go in there and try it on?" She asked.
"Don't worry that's exactly what I'm gonna do" I smiled.

We went inside and there were so many dresses there I was amazed but that one dress still caught my eye so I tried it on and it was the perfect fit , It was just as amazing as I imagined. Obviously I had been looking at dresses for a while and this looked like the one I had saw a while back that I couldn't get out of my head.

I strolled and the dressing room gracefully and cheered "I love it!"
"Wow Amy you look great!" Rosa says with a little grin.
"Thanks Rosa" I replied. "I think I'm going to get it"
"Are you not going to look at any others?" She questioned.
"No i've always wanted a dress like this so here it is!" I answered.
"Okay so are you buying it or just hiring it?" The lady asked.
"I'm buying it" I smiled.
"Okay if you would like to put your card in now please" She said while turning the card swiper to me.

I put it in and it went through , I was so happy. I wanted to show Jake but everyone knows it's bad luck so I didn't. I grabbed it carefully and put it in the back of Rosa's car , we decided to keep it at Rosa's place because no one goes there so Jake wouldn't be able to see it. Rosa dropped me off at my apartment.

"Thanks Rosa , keep my dress safe!" I smiled.
"I will don't worry" She replied.

I closed her car door and walked into the building. Jake had already had his suit chose and fitted he went with Charles a few weeks back , Jake didn't know I was getting the dress today so I couldn't wait to tell him. I went into the apartment and saw Jake still sitting in the living room , so I went in there and sat with him.

"Hey babe" I said while sitting down.
"Hey Ames" He answered. "How was your day?"
"It was great thanks babe , how was yours?" I replied.
"Eh it was okay I guess" He tells me while I bury my head into his neck.
"Sooo.. I bought my dress today , I didn't tell you though I wanted it to be a surprise" I smiled nervously.
"Thats great Ames , I'm sure I'll love it! But I love you more and I can't wait to marry you" He says while kissing me.

We sat there on the couch for a while and I eventually drifted off to sleep , Jake left me there until he went to bed as well. He carried me to bed , I woke up while he was taking me to the bedroom but I stayed asleep and eventually went back to sleep.

===================================
Sorry this is so long but the next one should be shorter then the wedding should happen , thats what I'm planning anyway. Sorry I took so long to do this part :)
===================================