33 | Two Down, One To Go

Y/N

_

A WEEK AND A HALF LATER, I was finally discharged from Pomfrey's care, and was able to mingle back into the regular student life.

Hermione, Harry, and Ron threw me a party in the Gryffindor common room the second I was let out, Fred and George offered me a coupon to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Seamus offered to take me out on a date (which I politely declined), and Neville asked the kitchen elves to make me some Butterbeer.

I loved every single thing about it, but my favorite part was convincing everyone to go to Hogsmeade and bring me back some sweets while I took a 'nap'.

I ended up sneaking a certain Slytherin into the dormitories while everyone was gone.

Hehe.

"Absolutely hideous," Draco said, flopping onto my bed, "but I'll tolerate this...weird, carpet-everything, red vomit, attempt at cozyness, just for the sake of getting alone time with you."

I rolled my eyes, slipping off my shoes, "don't insult my common room!"

"I can insult anything worthy of insulting."

"Draco..."

"Right, fine, I'm working on it," he mumbled, eyeing various parts of the room, "perhaps it's not too bad of a living quarter."

"It's home, so respect it."

Draco didn't seem to care, because the topic of conversation faded out of his mind as soon as I sat beside him on the mattress of my bed. He gave me a suspicious look, that of a half-sided smirk and a eyebrow raise, and I couldn't help but smirk back.

I would wink, but you can't see me at the present moment.

"I'm just saying..." Draco muttered deviously, "all of your friends are out..."

"Hm?"

"Your room is empty..."

"Mhm."

"And I haven't seen you in a while..." the boy smirked, pulling me closer to him, "so I think we should—"

He was cut off by the door swinging open, Hermione striding in blindly. She didn't look up from the book in her hand.

Draco instantly snapped his mouth shut, tensing his muscles as if he was trying to blend into the bed columns like a chameleon. I stifled a laugh, turning to look at the girl who had just walked in. Apparently she had decided Hogsmeade was out of the question today.

"I already know, Malfoy," she yawned, turning a page, "carry on with your conversation."

Draco looked at me with alarm, his mouth hanging open like a codfish. He also looked partially offended, because there was about to be no conversation before she barged in so unexpectedly.

"I—um, no, what?" The boy stammered, "how did she find out?"

I winced, my cheeks flushing sheepishly, "I left your ring sitting on my bed once, and she found it."

Hermione was still reading, "not to mention you switched her robes."

Draco smirked, "I'm clever, aren't I?"

There was a small pause, followed by the shutting of a book. Oh no. Whenever Mione' stopped reading, it meant she was either about to do something important, or spark an hour long debate that would probably crush the soul out of the person it was directed towards.

Which, in this case, was my boyfriend.

"No," Hermione scoffed, narrowing her eyes, "it was an incredibly foolish thing to do, and I'm surprised [y/n] didn't shove you off a bridge for that stunt!"

I giggled, "I tried."

Draco was beginning to regret coming up here, because now he was just getting paraded around by two Gryffindor girls who were more than happy to humble him for the rest of eternity. I placed my hand on his back, giving him a comforting pat.

"Other than that, it's fine," I laughed gently, "Hermione and Mcgonagall are the the only two who know about—"

Before I could finish my sentence, the sound of Ron's voice floated up the stairwell and in through the crack in our doorway, muttering to himself about chocolate frogs.

The three of us went into immediate panic.

"Into the closet," Hermione said to Draco, swatting him onto his feet, "Ron's coming."

Draco looked confused, "the weasel?"

"Ron doesn't know about you, and is horrible at keeping secrets," she explained, "so if you don't get your stuck up rear-end into the closet, I will personally feed you to a werewolf!"

I didn't even have time to laugh at the boy's horrified expression, before hoisting him into the space of my mahogany dresser, and shutting the door on him promptly.

Ron walked in the exact second after.

"Evening, ladies," he said, strolling in, "Harry went for a run."

I had two questions. One, why was Ron back from Hogsmeade so quicky? And two, how did Ron get into the girl's dormitories without my locket (which I had bribed the fat lady with)?

It only took a glance at Hermione's bashful face to know the answer to both questions. Dkjfabsnfidsjknfasdjkfdsf.

I glanced back at the red-head in front of us, "good to know."

Hermione added on quickly, "yes, very good to know."

"Why are you guys standing so still?" He said, glancing at our frozen positions, "did [y/n] screw up her charms project again?"

There was a laugh from inside the closet, Draco unable to muffle his snort of amusement. My life flashed before my eyes. In fact, it might have also died.

"Blimey Hermione," Ron said, plopping onto the bed, "you sounded like a man for a second."

Hermione blushed, "I did not!"

"I heard you laugh just then!"

"That wasn't me!" She exclaimed, but then I kicked her in the shin. She was going to blow our cover. Once she got the memo, she cleared her throat, "no, it was me."

Luckily for the both of us, Ron didn't seem to care, beginning to unwrap a package of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. I just couldn't get over the knowledge that I had a smuggled Slytherin sulking inside of my closet at the present moment. If anything, he was probably trying to scratch off the Gryffindor emblem on my robes out of spite.

Ron's eyes widened, "guess what Seamus told me today."

I blinked, "what?"

"Draco Malfoy got caught snogging Pansy Parkinson in the prefect's baths," he said, smacking his lips together, "always knew those two would end up together."

I blinked again, this time too shocked to fathom any thoughts, "Malfoy did....what?"

"Apparently Cedric saw him chatting up a girl a couple days before the Yule Ball, and when they asked him about it, he said it was Pansy Parkinson."

Brilliant.

Cedric must have let something slip, and then tried to cover it up by saying he saw Pansy instead of me. But this wasn't good. Once Pansy caught wind of the rumor, she'd obviously be upset that it was all a lie, and send a detective squad on Diggory to force the truth out of him.

For Godric's sake, Cedric, learn to shut your mouth!

"Disgusting, innit?" Ron continued, popping a jellybean into his mouth, Malfoy getting a girl before me?"

Hermione scowled, but the red-head continued:

"He's not that good-looking of a bloke," he noted, "and if he was here, I'd tell it to him straight."

And at that very precise moment, a loud crash erupted from behind us, Draco tumbling out of the mahogany closet and onto the floor. A moment passed, where he looked up from his sprawled out position with a glint in his silver eyes, but that soon faded when Ron let out a blood-curling scream.

I had never seen him look so scared.