Chapter 14

Shadow's POV

Its been three hours since we left Zoran's palace and not once has he tried to come after us or send anyone after us. I guess that Zeraora must've scared him pretty badly, I watched Zeraora and Chloe occasionally seeing them looking around excitedly, with their paws continuously touching each other. They must've already bonded if they are this close in such a short time, then again they seem to have similar pasts so I wasn't that surprised.

I bought a ferry ticket for all of us, Pokémon were cheaper or more expensive depending on their size, weight, and if you had a Pokeball for them or not. Or at least I tried to buy a ticket.

"Hi can I get six tickets across the river?" I asked a man sitting at a desk in the small booth by the river. He looked away from his newspaper and looked at me, and then behind me and then at me again.

"Did you say six tickets because I only see four of you?" He said and I stepped aside to show Chloe and the Zeraora starting at the water, occasionally looking at each other in conversation. Suddenly there was a large thud as the man sitting at the booth fell backwards in his chair. When he got back up he had his camera out and ready but I stepped in front of him.

"Sorry but I don't think it wants very much public attention right now. We just want to go around in peace" I said and the man reluctantly lowered his camera.

"But you know what a Zeraora is to this country? It's the protector of our lands, it's disappearance is the main reason why bad things and people started to go about freely doing whatever they please" the man said and I looked back at Zeraora. The protector of the land huh?

Hopefully that means that I'll be seeing it a lot from now on even if it separates and does it's own thing, which I don't see happening with how it and Chloe are sticking so closely together.

"Can we please just get out tickets-"

"I'm not charging you for a ride" the man interrupted me and I clenched my fist in irritation, "you have Zeraora with you and a Shiny one at that, and so, by my tribes customs, you don't need to pay anything for a ride across" the man got up and hurried over to the Ferry boat glancing back at me and Zeraora every so often.

Once everyone was on the boat the man seemed to push the poor boat to go as fast as it could possibly go, and I looked at the Zeraora curiously. It didn't have to wait for the boat, it could just use its powers to speed through the air and wait for us on the other side, but it and Chloe seemed bonded together with no means of ever looking to separate.

"So where are you going young lady, and how did you meet the Zeraora" the man said looking over from where he sat at the wheel. I didn't answer the first question, or the second one because they both would attract unwanted attention.

I looked out towards the water on our left and saw a giant shape moving towards us from underneath the water and Zeraora seemed to noticed it as well because it had walked away from Chloe's side and was standing on the railing charging up an attack.

———————————————

Finally something I can fight with my powers I thought as I watched the Gyrados swimming towards us. It was a pretty decent sized on top and would make the perfect meal for later.

The giant fish erupted from the water roaring, but I didn't give it the time to finish. I sent a full power lightning bolt coursing through its body and then jumped in after it as it sank below the waves once again.

I heard Shadow yell something but I was under the waves not soon after. I quickly dove after the Gyrados, letting out some static electricity to ward off predators, and also to see where it was as it was sinking faster than I could swim down.