Part 1

Graduating had been hard for Remi. It was hard for a lot of people, but particularly difficult for her. The Headmaster had told her that she had to graduate with the requirement of straight A's. Apparently, this was a rule set by the authorities. She had never paid her grades too much attention, although they weren't bad at any rate. 

She groaned as she sifted through her calculus homework. Math had never been her strong suit. Ignoring the fearful stares from other students, she had studied dutifully, successfully graduating with peers her age. 

With these grades and her ability, she should have gone to top league schools. But in her case, the mark on her permanent record was a little too big to ignore. She threw away rejection after rejection, before being accepted into a school that wasn't so bad. 

The campus was beautiful. The grass was pretty luscious, and the people were friendly. A new girl walked up to her and waved. 

Camie: Hey, I'm Camie! I'm a freshman, and it looks like you're one too! Wanna walk with me?

Remi beamed at the sight of her new friend. The two chatted about their new classes when they started to talk about their abilities. 

Camie: I'm an elite tier, level 3.9. Plant growth. I can twist my enemies around with vines, but it honestly isn't too extravagant. What about you?

Remi couldn't tell Camie her real ability. She already knew how smart Remi was when she showed her how to work a puzzle. 

Remi: I'm also an elite! My ability is called, Electric Shock, level 3.7. I can shock my enemies and do some damage, but it usually only stuns them. 

Camie: No worries! I'll make sure none of those bullies can touch us! 

Remi smiled. She seemed nice enough, although she couldn't let her real ability slip on accident.  

There were a lot less bullying incidents here, as everyone was now preoccupied with classes and didn't have the need to go beat up weaker students. It still happened every now and then, but it was only occasional. 

College was the place she would be able to be her non-superhero self. Maybe she could be normal for a while. 

*******************

At school Remi might have been deemed, "normal". But outside, she most definitely wasn't. She put on her own dark blue outfit that would help hide her in the darkness of the night. She even put on a dark blue hair dye that would come out with one wash. She even put on blue contacts. 

Seraphina: Remi, you ready?

Remi murmured yes back into her headpiece. Any minute now, Seraphina would turn off the cameras so that the authorities had no proof of who it was, defeating the terrorists in the low-level towns. 

Seraphina: Cams off in 3...2...1... they're off. 

Remi didn't waste any time. She didn't know how long the cameras would be off, so she had no time to waste. This time she didn't bring Blyke to look out for her, as he had his own mission with Isen at the moment. 

Random Guy: We told you to move faster! Get those bricks over there!

Remi peeked around the corner to find a group of people, presumably low tiers, lugging bricks around. A few others had their abilities activated, looking over the group. They were all yelling at the poor group to move faster. 

The first guy hadn't even known what had hit him. The other two watched him sink to his knees. They stared at Remi, and the purple hair woman yelled at Remi. 

Purple Haired Woman: You'll pay for that!

A purple whip appeared in her hand, and she lashed out at Remi. The weapon wasn't the most versatile, and she easily dodged it. The ground cracked, however, and Remi realized that one hit could render her unconscious.