Chapter 5 - Office. 3. drawer. 5 (Part 1)

TW// Panic, claustrophobia

Sapnap's POV
11pm

When Sapnap got out of his car, he realized that he wasn't the only one in the parking lot. He instantly recognized George's car.

Muttering to himself, he stormed into the pizzeria, tired. He didn't have a good sleep last night, thanks to the flashing memories of animatronics slowly sneaking their way to his office.

"Oh. Hey Sapnap!" George greeted him as he walked into the office. "Last day of your first week on the job. Excited?"

"No," Sapnap grumbled, sitting down in the office chair.

George's smile deflated a bit. Sapnap groaned.

"I got at least 3 hours of sleep last night, I am NOT prepared for tonight," Sapnap explained impatiently, flicking on the monitor.

"Ohh," George said slowly. He grinned again. "Good thing I called backup."

Sapnap swerved in his chair to look at his friend, alarmed. "What?"

"Hello," Dream said, practically manifesting in the doorway. Sapnap stared at him.

"What the hell," Sapnap murmured. His brain wasn't running fast enough to deal with this.

"Your best friend is here, Sapnap! Cheer up," Dream chuckled, patting him on the back. George gave Dream an offended look.

"I thought I was your best friend?" George huffed, crossing his arms.

"You're in second place," Dream said jokingly. George fake gasped, playfully punching Dream in the shoulder.

"How did it come to this in life," Sapnap said to the ceiling, rubbing his eyes.

12am

"Annnnd there goes the lights," George said, clapping his hands together. "Okay! This should be easy!"

Sapnap activated the cameras, which had cut to static. He groaned, leaning back in the chair. Why tonight, of all nights?
"Oh yeah! There's this cool thingy I found!" George exclaimed, digging around in his pocket.

Sapnap ignored him, attempting to fix the cameras. He tried switching the monitor off, and then powered it back on.

"I found a note in the wall!" George continued, pulling out a small slip of paper.

Sapnap slammed his head on the desk, frustrated. Last night he had done a bit of investigating, and found out that theres a switch backstage that'll cut the cameras. He guessed the animatronics must have found it.

"What does it say?" Dream asked George as Sapnap stood up.

"It says; office. 3. drawer. 5," George read out loud. Dream hummed in response.
"Three.. drawer..." Dream murmured to himself.

Sapnap backed up as the blonde kneeled down next to the desk, counting the drawers.

"Whhhat are you doing?" Sapnap said slowly as Dream pulled open the third one and stuck his head in.

"I'm LOOKING," Dream shouted, as if Sapnap wasn't standing next to him, well in earshot.
"Maybe we need to do something at 3am?" George guessed.

"I need to go fix the cameras," Sapnap said flatly, backing out of the office without checking the office.

He didn't bother to flick his flashlight on. The animatronics probably would have found him anyway. He'd just have to use the power of touch to guide himself backstage.