193

Everyone were running. It was chaos. Everyone wanted to either help or go home. I understood both kind of people but I was gonna stay and help because it was my duty as a member of the order.

I couldn't say I wasn't scared. I was absolutely terrified. I knew something bad was going to happen during this but I didn't know why. I was scared about the vision I had had and what it meant. What he meant. I knew that tonight my life was going to get ruined by my father but I didn't know how.

I didn't know where George was or any of the other. There was so much chaos that I kinda got lost. Well, not lost because I knew where I was but I didn't know where they were. Instead I was with Molly, McGonagall, Flitwick, Neville, Seamus and loads of other people as we moved out way to the courtyard.

"Let me get this straight, Professor." Neville said. "You're actually giving us permission to do this?"

"That is correct, Longbottom." McGonagall replied.

"To blow it up? Boom..."

"Boom!"

"Wicked." Neville said. "Well how are we gonna do that?"

"Why don't you confer with Mr Finnigan? As I recall he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics."

"I can bring it down." Seamus said with a grin.

"That's the spirit." McGonagall said as she waved the two away when we were standing in the courtyard. "Now off you go."

Neville and Seamus ran off, leaving me with McGonagall, Flitwick and Molly.

"You do realise that of course we can't keep up you-know-who indefinitely." Flitwick told McGonagall.

"That doesn't mean we can't delay him." she said. "And his name is Voldemort, Filius so you might as well use it. He's going to try to kill you either way."

Well, that's true.

Professor McGonagall turned around and so did the rest of us. She raised her arms, wand in one hand. "Piertotum Locomotor!"

The statues inside of the corridor came to life and jumped down from their positions and kneeled on the ground before they started walking out and past us like an army. Flitwick had left us so now it was McGonagall, Molly and I.

"Hogwarts is threatened!" McGonagall shouted as we watched the statues walk out into the courtyard. "Man the boundaries! Protect us! Do your duty to our school!"

Then she folded her hands in front of her and we watched it in silence for a moment.

"I've always wanted to use that spell." McGonagall said in a quiet but exciting voice. Flitwick and Slughorn cast the same spell towards the sky multiple times, a blue bubble starting to form over the school grounds to protect us for as long as possible until we were ready to fight Voldemort and his death eaters. Molly joined in and so did I when I learned the words.

"Protego Maxima"

"Finato Duri"

"Repello Inimicum"

When the bubble was complete, everyone lowered their wands. It felt good that we had all these tools to protect ourselves from death but we also knew that it wasn't enough. One way or another they would come through and it would end in battle. We would lose lives and it was going to be hell but we couldn't do anything about it.

"I'll see if Neville and Seamus can use my help." I told Molly and she gave me a small nod, smiling at me as she rubbed my arm gently before I ran off. Neville and Seamus were at the end of the wooden bridge. Seamus was under it, planting something that made it easy to break once a spell got fired against it and Neville stood up here.

"How's it going so far?" I asked, causing him to look at me. My arms were folded over my chest but my wand was in my hand in case I was going to need it.

"Hopefully it'll work." he told me. "Do you think it will?"

"Well." I breathed, walking to the railing. "It's Seamus we're talking about."

"Heard that!" it came from down under and I couldn't help but laugh along with Neville. "No... it'll work and we'll win."

I was probably just trying to convince myself because I was so scared that we weren't going to win. No one could possibly know the outcome. What I did know though was that Harry, Ron and Hermione were still haunting Horcruxes around the castle, looking for a diadem. Ravenclaw's diadem.

Suddenly, tons of blue lights shot from a distance and neared the castle but as soon as they hit the bubble, they exploded. I cursed under my breath.

"They're here." Neville commented. The blue lights continued to attack the bubble and at one point, I knew they were going to break through.

I looked around and then saw the twins up at the top of the castle. They were stood on the outside catwalk which you entered from the quad battlement.

"I gotta go." I told Neville before I ran as fast as I could. I made my way inside of the castle and all the way up to the wooden platform that held it all together. Shacklebolt was up here as well as Dean Thomas and Arthur.

"Lizzie, where have you been?" Arthur asked me. "The twins have both been so worried."

"I was with Molly." I said. "I saw them from the wooden bridge."

I made my way out onto the catwalk and stopped when I saw them. They were holding each of their wands, hands on the edge as they looked up at the bubble that was still being attacked.

"You okay, Freddie?" George asked.

"Yeah." Fred breathed.

George looked at him with a small smile and nudged him with his shoulder "Me too."

Fred smiled back softly and I started tearing up. The love they had for each other. Fuck. I was so scared that they would get hurt but I knew I couldn't allow myself to think in that way. They went back to looking at the sky and I carefully walked past them to stand next to George.

"Where did you go?" George asked as the two looked at me.

"I was with your mum. Suddenly I couldn't see you but she was there and told me to come with so I wasn't alone. Then I saw you two up here when I was with Neville on the wooden bridge. But now we're here and..."

I stopped talking and they didn't say anything either. We all stood here, watching the sky in silence. The sky that was turning an unnatural blue colour from the spells being cast onto the bubble.

The war had just only begun...