˗ˋ 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY SET OUT FOR THE BATHROOM

. . .

The rest of the night of the Yule Ball passed far too quickly for Elodie's liking, and a few days later the magical feeling that had come along with it, as well as Fred and Elodie's first kiss, was over.

Instead, the magical feeling was replaced with one of worry. The task was looming, getting closer and closer as the days went by. Christmas had gone, which meant that February 24th was getting closer.

And although Elodie had some ideas of what was in the egg, she hadn't actually fully figured it out yet. Sure, the wails that Fred and George told her came from the egg could be from mermaids, but she needed to test it out.

"Say, Freddie." Elodie said as she slipped into a seat in front of the twins in the the common room.

"Oh, so now that you've kissed I don't exist anymore?" George raised an eyebrow and Elodie hurried to correct him.

"No it's just that you looked busy." Elodie quickly said, and George sent a rather apprehensive look.

"What ever you say, Ellie-smelly." George replied, and Fred rolled his eyes, before turning to look at the French girl, who was holding a rather large bag.

"So what's up, love." Fred said, ignoring the sound of his brother. "And what's with the bag?" He eyed the rather heavy thing that Elodie held.

"The task is coming up and well I need to figure out what's in it." She pointed at the bag and the ginger haired boy nodded. "I think I need to put underwater."

"I see." Fred hummed for a moment. "And you've come to us for what? Need someone to jump into the Lake with you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well I was hoping there was maybe somewhere in the castle. So I don't have to swim in a freezing lake." Elodie said, and Fred nodded.

"Fred you prat think for a moment." George interrupted, looking up from the parchment he was scribbling something down on. "God, you were dumb before but-"

"We got the same OWLs for Godric's sake." Fred rolled his eyes. "If you just had let me think for a moment then I could've told you."

"Told me what?" Elodie looked curious as she looked between Fred and George.

"Stay here tonight and I can take you somewhere." Fred told her, and Elodie just stared at him.

"God that sounds proper dodgy." Elodie said, jumping up and looking down at the bag. "Mind looking after the egg for a while? Don't let anyone get it."

"We won't." The twins chorused, as Elodie left the common room to rejoin Fleur in the Great Hall, where they were doing some homework together.

She stuck to her word and after dinner that night (she ate with her Beauxbatons friends rather than the twins), Elodie said her goodbyes to Fleur for the night and climbed up to the Gryffindor common room.

But first, she needed to retrieve a bag that she had hidden behind one of the statues. It took her a moment to figure out which one it took, but soon enough she found it. Within it was a change of clothes, a swimsuit and a few other things.

Elodie met Fred and George in the common room, and after a few words shared, they headed off into the castle. "I'm not planning on staying, by the way." George commented.

"What why?" Elodie asked, bag swinging as she looked over to the twin. Between the both of the Weasleys they were carrying the bag which had the egg in.

"And third wheel you two? No thanks, I'm just here to move the egg, seeing as your boyfriend's a weakling." George scoffed, and Fred grumbled.

"Lucky I have to carry this or else I would-" Fred cut himself off by dropping one side of the bag and laughing as George struggled to hold it by himself. "Point proven." He finished, George glaring at his twin.

"This is where I leave you." He said, as they stood outside two heavy-looking double doors.

"Where are we?" Elodie asked, looking over to the towns and then at the doors.

"The prefect bathroom - perfect for what you need." George said, before leaving the bag on the floor and beginning to slink off. "Have fun lovebirds."

And once again, Fred and Elodie were alone.