Baratheon!Reader - Lovefool

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Lovefool' by the Cardigans. It's kind of a Robb Stark imagine, but he doesn't actually feature in it yet. Reader! is the true born daughter of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. It's super short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

From the moment you had been betrothed to Robb Stark, you had been trying your hardest to make him fall in love with you. It had always been your dream to actually marry for love, rather than political gain, and the moment that decision had been made for you, you had taken it into your own hands to force the romance. Not that he had exactly made it easy on you. You sent page after page of poetic beauty, your heart poured out onto paper, and you would receive curt responses at best. 

When you'd complained to your mother, she had been less than supportive. She had never wanted you betrothed to a Stark, and she was thorough displeased by the idea of you headed into the North alone once you were married. 

"You should mention it to your father," she had murmured whilst you were still pouting. "If the boy can't see that you are worthy of his love then he must be an utter fool," she had added, watching as your face contorted in horror.

"He isn't a fool," you exclaimed softly, shaking the thought from your head as you slumped in your seat. "And its far too close to the wedding to call it off now, anyhow," you continued, a small frown etched onto your lips. 

Your mother hummed, her eyes fixed carefully on your forlorn expression. "We could find you a better match, someone closer to home," she told you, her voice far softer than you were used to, causing you to look up at her quite suddenly. 

"Father loves Lord Stark-"

"We can join our families some other way," she interrupted, reaching forward to take your hand in hers. "If the boy is so determined to keep your affection at bay then it is hardly worth you moving so far away to be with him. I'll make your father see sense, child." You nodded slightly, your teeth leaving indents in your bottom lip and you attempted to hold back a wave of anxiety. "We'll have to find you another suitor," she added, finally smiling as she released your hand and lifted her cup to her mouth. 

"Maybe we could wait a while," you uttered, your tongue darting out to wet your lip. "I'm not sure I'm ready to be a wife yet," you added, your cheeks tinting red as your mother's brow furrowed in confusion.

"But you were so enthusiastic before-"

"Nervous energy shows itself in strange ways," you quickly corrected. "It wouldn't be for long. Just a little while."

Your mother hummed slightly, turning the idea over in her head as she considered your proposition. "I'll see what I can do," she finally spoke, breaking the silence and watching as a small smile blossomed on your lips. "But I can't make any promises," she added. "Calling off the engagement will be hard enough as it is without having to twist your father's will to include this as well."

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x