195

I'm sweating so much right now while listening to Mr. Loverman...

-

The air exploded...

I covered my head to not get hurt by any flying things. My ears were ringing. I was on the ground but that was from when the minister had blasted me through the air. This side of the castle had been blown away. Something had hit me anyways. A warm feelings spread down the side of my face and my neck. As the ringing slowly faded, I heard screaming.

"No– no – no!" it was Percy. "No! Fred No!"

I removed my arms from my head and what I saw made my entire world collapse instantly. All the air left my lungs and my eyes were wide as I tried to pull my suddenly very heavy weight of the ground. Everything was spinning but my eyes stayed on him. Percy was shaking him, crying over his body but Fred was lifeless.

It was like my body froze. I stood up but I couldn't move. All I could do was stare. Stare as Percy got up and angrily ran after the person who had caused the explosion. Stare as my best friend laid there, not moving.

Then it was like I realised what had happened and I ran to his side, dropping to my knees. I ran a hand over his forehead, the other lying on his chest.

"Fred." I shook him, the tears starting to form in my eyes. "Wake up."

He didn't react. His eyes were empty and emotionless. They were staring at the ceiling but it was obvious that he wasn't seeing anything. He was gone.

"Fred." I cried, continuing to shake him as I had now pulled him into my arms. "This isn't funny. Wake up. Please wake up."

Then a loud and painful scream left my lungs and echoed through the castle. A scream of pure pain. A scream of realisation. That I couldn't wake him. I so wanted it to be a prank. I wanted him to wake up but I couldn't feel his pulse against my hand on his neck. His heart wasn't beating and in a few hours his organs would shut down.

"Please don't leave." I cried, resting my head against his.

"He's already gone."

I looked up and there he was. My father. Standing there just like in the vision I had. I didn't say anything. I just looked at him while I held Freddie tight.

"I told you I'd ruin your life if you didn't surrender."

Then he turned around to walk away.

"You did this!" I screamed. "You killed him!"

He stopped in his track. He didn't turn around, only his head so he could look at me. "I didn't... though I had a friend who owed me a favour."

And he walked away again. I sobbed loudly, looking down at my friends. His brown eyes that stared at the exact same spot as before. His brown eyes that I soon would only see on my husband, but it wasn't the same. They looked the same but they were different. When I looked them in the eyes, I knew who was who and soon, I would never get to look at Fred again.

"Freddie." I cried. I was swaying back and forth, he in my arms. "This isn't funny. It's not f-funny. Stop. You can't d-do this. Please wake up. You n-need to w-wake up. Who's going to be there for me the n-next time George and I have a fight? Who's going to drink with me d-during the night when I-I've had a nightmare? P-Please, I need you. You can't leave me. I'm not r-ready for you to l-leave."

"Lizzie!" I heard King from somewhere behind me. He approached and stood by me as he looked down at Fred in my arms. "Is that George?"

"He's dead." I cried. "Fred is dead."

"Oh fuck." he cursed. "We have to go Liz. You can't stay here."

He pulled at my arm but I screamed at him and wriggled out of his grip, holding onto Fred tighter. "Liz! You'll get yourself killed by sitting here!"

"I don't fucking care!" I screamed. "I'm not leaving him! I'm not... I'm not leaving."

"Fucking hell, Liz!" he exclaimed. "He's going to be here when it's all over. We need to go.. right now."

He crouched down next to me and grabbed a hold of Fred, looking at me to try and meet my eyes which he succeeded. "I know you're hurting and you want to stay but–"

"He's my best friend." I cried, shaking my head. "He can't die."

"He's already dead, Lizzie." he told me softly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know how much it hurts. Remember when Tobias died? My older brother. I was broken. I know you want to stay with him but you can't. You don't have time to grieve right now. There'll be time for that when we've won the war. He'll be here. Please just come with me. It won't help anything if you die as well."

"He told me that no one were going to die."

"I'm so sorry, Liz." King said before he grabbed my hand and removed it from around Fred, taking over. He placed Fred down neatly, then took of his jacket and gently placed it over his face. "C'mon."

He stood up and extended his hand. I hated what I had to do next. I placed my hand in King's and he helped me to my feet. He wrapped his arm around me as he guided me away from the area but I kept looking back at the lifeless body on the ground.

He was gone...

My best friend was gone.

-

Right... so this might not be the time but I completely forgot about the playlists earlier so I'll just leave a link to my Spotify profile in case anyone wants to listen to the playlist for their house.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1152898300?si=fQb8IMBpTYyuZ8fISj84-w

Now...

Peace out before anyone here kills me✌️