6 - Family

It had been a few weeks since you had sent the carrier pigeon back to Jimin, you were expecting him to reply sooner but ever since the ship stopped at Thoris Harbor they haven't docked anywhere else. So it was unrealistic for you to expect a reply so soon. You've occupied yourself by cleaning around the ship, reading the copy of The Compass Hoseok had lent to you, and by talking to Yoongi occasionally if you were alone.

But ever since the day at Thoris Harbor you noticed Jungkook avoiding you, he didn't even attempt to make any snarky remarks towards you either. You thought it could have something to do with Seokjin, and he just didn't want you to ask about it. And you were definitely curious as to what happened between the two brothers. You made your own assumptions, of course, seeing as you didn't have the actual answers.

Using your critical thinking skills, you were able to narrow down the list of conflicts that could happen between two brothers. Jin mentioned that there was a "last time" where Jungkook tried to fight against him, so there could've been some sort of incident similar to the day at Thoris Harbor. Jungkook seemed really defensive when he saw you with Seokjin, so perhaps there was a different woman involved last time.

Jealousy might also be involved, maybe Jungkook was jealous of Seokjin's powers, Jungkook is also the younger brother so maybe his brother was given more attention by their parents when they were younger. You didn't like to admit this, but there were many instances where you were jealous of your siblings as well, so you didn't completely write off that possibility.

You were suddenly awoken from your deep thoughts after you were splashed in the face with the cold seawater. You stood straight and looked from the sky down into the water to see Yoongi looking up at you impatiently.

"Are you just gonna keep staring at the sky for the rest of the day, Leggy?" He snickered.

"Are you just going to continue staring at me for the rest of the day, Fishy?" You remarked.

"I was not staring, also I told you not to call me Fishy again!"

"Keep telling yourself that, you're not convincing anyone," You chuckled.

"Since when did you become so arrogant?" He said as he rolled his eyes.

"Since I started living with pirates. You can't really show weakness with these people unless you want to be ridiculed. They're like a pack of wolves honestly,"

"Are you trying to convince me that you'd be better off back at home?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"Is it working?" You asked hopefully.

"Nope,"

"Ugh! Well, it's not like I'm leaving anytime soon, you'd think that Prince Jimin would've written back by now, here I was thinking that he was punctual,"

"You're being dramatic,"

"I wouldn't consider that dramatic, so much as I would consider it over exaggerating,"

"Again, dramatic,"

"Whatever, I just think that he would've responded something by now, you know like, reassurance that someone will come for me."

"I could go back to Sayaria and see what's going on?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine without me for a bit, just don't fall into the ocean or something,"

"Thank you, Yoongi,"

"Of course, you're my human after all,"

"Is that how you consider the weird siren-human connection?"