Travelling Together

Korra stood near the window of the air ship, looking up at Asami with a soft smile as her wife watched the scenery pass by. Asami could feel Korra's eyes on her and turned to look at her.

"Are you okay?" she asked with a smile, reaching her hand up to rub Korra's upper arm.

"Fine," Korra smiled, leaning against the wall of the air ship as she gently lifted Asami's hand in her own, "just glad you're back."

"Korra, I was barely gone three days," Asami sighed, turning to face her wife.

"Yeah, but I still missed you," Korra smiled, looping her arms under Asami's and around her waist, "did it go well? Building the machine?"

"Yeah, it went really well," Asami said, placing her own arms around Korra's shoulders, "we adapted it a bit and fitted it on the air ship."

"And Kuvira? Did you guys get along?" Korra asked, glancing over to the to the sofa where Kuvira and Sukara were curled up together.

"As well as we needed to," Asami shrugged, looking over at the couple.

Sukara was cuddled up under her girlfriend's arm with her leg rested over Kuvira's. Kuvira was running through some of the numbers for the machine as Sukara watched the pencil go across the paper.

"She was really helpful actually," Asami continued, giving in to let herself compliment Kuvira, "I'm glad their back together."

"They didn't wait around either," Korra chuckled, "that whole thing lasted about a week."

"Well, neither of them have ever been very patient," Asami smiled, turning back to Korra, "they know what they want and they go after it. It's the dictator in both of them."

"Well, as long as their ambitions stay on each other and not the world," Korra shrugged, "then I don't think we need to worry about them that much."

#####

Kuvira could hear that Sukara was making a soft ticking sound with her tongue. This usually meant that she was bored but also trying not to disturb her by moving. In all honesty, Kuvira liked the ticking sound, she found it soothing.

As she stared at the piece of paper in front of her, Kuvira lifted her hand and put it into the loose part of Sukara's hair and began to massage a small part of her scalp with her finger tips.

Sukara could feel herself drifting off to sleep so she shuffled her position. She moved herself so that her head was in Kuvira's lap and the rest of her was laying on the sofa. She nuzzled her face into Kuvira's abdomin as she got herself comfortable which made Kuvira laughed.

"Stop it," she chuckled, placing a hand on Sukara's face to move it away from her crotch, "I'm working."

Sukara just smiled wearily as she looked up at Kuvira. With the thumb on her cheek brushing gently against her skin, it didn't take long before Sukara had fallen asleep. Kuvira smiled, leant down to give her a kiss on the head and went back to her work, leaving Sukara to sleep while they made their way to the Fire Nation.