Chapter 1 - Memories

Tw:

Blood

Anxiety attacks

PTSD

Mentions of Abuse

------------------------------------

Tommy awoke in a cold sweat staring wildly around his room. 

'Where am I?!' he thought panicked for a moment before glancing over to see Tubbo asleep in another bed on the other side of the room. He was in L'manberg. 'What time is it?' he thought groggily the adrenaline that had woken him up dying down slightly. Glancing at a clock on the wall he sighed, 3:44am. He stared down at his arm rolling up his long sleeve to reveal the skin. The scar was still there. The scar that ran all the way from his pointer finger down his back and stopping in the middle of his spine. 

Tommy sighed once again before getting up and quickly changing into his L'manberg uniform. There was no use trying to sleep at this point. Exiting the room he slowly opened the door making sure not to wake Tubbo, silently slipping out. As he walked the cool night air pricked at his cheeks turning them to a pinkish color. Everything was so calm and silent here... calmer. It had been around 2 months since he had been chosen for this server and to say the least he was thankful. The other kids at the orphanage weren't very nice and all his foster families sent him right back claiming him to be too 'unfriendly'. Sitting down he took off his boots dipping his feet into the lake.

"Tommy?" He whipped around as a voice called his name eyes wide and tense before relaxing.

"Hi, Wilbur." He grumbled rolling his eyes and looking back down at the lake.

"Why are you out here this-" Wilbur started to laugh slightly "Ooh~ the witching hour! Should've waited till 4am!" Wilbur laughed more freely before stopping realizing Tommy wasn't laughing. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Tommy responded tersely, "Just recalling my old server, where I grew up and such." It wasn't a lie, though not exactly the truth. But Tommy doubted he would ever actually tell Wilbur he was having nightmares from his abuse.

"Oh yeah, you never really talk about your family! What are they like?" Wilbur asked curiously sitting down next to Tommy though not putting his feet in the water. 

"I have been in an orphanage since I was nine." Tommy responded glaring at Wilbur.

"Oh- um... what was your family like before the orphanage?" Wilbur asked this time in a slightly softer tone of voice.

"If you think they're dead they aren't." Tommy rolled his eyes "They were just deemed unfit to care for a child." Tommy removed his feet from the lake wiping them on the grass and putting his boots back on before standing up, "Goodbye Wilbur." Tommy stated making it clear he wasn't talking anymore. 

"Tommy-" Wilbur began before stopping. The boy obviously wanted to be left alone but... what did he mean by his parents were deemed unfit? He really needed to get him to talk.