ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

Henry stops me from walking into work outside the Pizzeria.

"I want to caution you, " He warns, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Of?"

"William is in work today and after... Things that have happened, I don't want you guys that close to each other."

"Well, why is he in work?" My face expression stays in a state of confusion.

"Liam and Alyssa called in sick."

Wow. They were fine when I left and most likely called in to go into town. They didn't even invite me. Slowly, I walk into the already busy establishment. William is nowhere to be seen but that may be for the best. So today starts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

First half of the day done. I haven't seen William once, and now it's time for the best part of the day, lunch. Searching in my purse, I realize my keys aren't in it.

"What the-" I distinctly remember putting my keys inside my purse. I look around to see William dangling the keys from his fingertips. As I walk over to him, he walks back into his office. I don't want to go in there but... my keys so... TO NARNIA!

The keys swing around Williams Index finger while he comfortably sits in his chair.

"Give me my keys, fuck wad."

"Well first, I-"

"No. I'm not asking I'm telling you to give me my keys. Right now." I walk over to his chair and reach for my keys but he moves his arm, moving the chair therefore, making me stumble and almost trip.

"Y/n. You haven't even heard what I'm gonna say-"

"Don't need to, I just want to go get lunch and that includes you not messing it up."  So I can stop him from moving, I sit on my knees on his lap, earning a uncomfortable groan. Not my fault he stole my keys. I reach up and reach the keys. Yanking them from his hand, I get up and dust myself off.  "I'll be on my way now." Before I can reach the door, William grabs my arm, pulling me back. He pulls my chin up harshly like he did on that day... Elizabeth... You know.

"Why?" He asks in a very annoyed tone as I keep my bland facial expression.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Why are you not showing any type of fear right now?"

"You're just not scary right now."

Pushing me back, he slams me down onto his desk, jailing me with his arms on either side. ((Hold up imagine how y/n is bent rn this bitch the long division symbol ))

"You don't know-"

A door opening alarms us. The voice makes William panic some.

"William. You better have a damn good excuse to why I'm seeing what I am."

Standing up, William adjusts his tie.  "Henry, Hi. "

"Why must you keep doing this? Do we have to have another talk? What do I have to do to stop you? Fire you?"

"Henry, don't. I... I was challenging his power and you know William. If you fire him you'll have one less worker to help run the place. I'm also pretty sure you can't fire him. " I interject, getting up and sitting down on the desk for some reason defending William.

"Are you sure? I can-"

"Henry, I'm sure."

Hesitantly, he leaves and closes the door. William walks behind his desk, behind me and pulls my shoulders down, pinning me to the table. "Anyways,"

"Wow. I defend you and you do this to me? Thots a bit rude innit?" I ask, mocking his British accent. "Why do you even want me to be afraid? So you feel empowered?"

"Well, I guess I'm just used to it. Are you scared now?."

"No."

"I'll find a way."

"Yeah okay,"

He lets go and I drive myself to the diner. As I thought, Liam and Alyssa sit at a table joking with each other. I slide into the booth with them and chuckle.

"You guys are idiots."

"Don't worry, we know." Alyssa giggles. "So how's work?"

"Horrible, I wish you guys came."

"We wanted to have a day out and Henry would think it's sus that all of us are out." Liam shrugs and sips from his soda.

"Well I better get candy when home."

"Of course." Liam side-hugs me and we continue eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

William has tried to jumpscare me several times, only getting a meh, could be better, or just a lame expression.

"Not even that kind of scare scared you?"

"Not at the moment, no."

Leaving him, I walk to my car and get in. Being one of the last ones to get out sucks because Henry can't stop anything William does and is awesome because I get free snacks from the fridge. I stretch, today has been a long day since I did stay till eleven fifty. As I turn my keys, the car doesn't start. Great. I try again and it still doesn't work.

"Huh, that's weird I swore it-" My eye catches movement from the backseat.  As I turn my head to the back seat, I almost burst into tears.

((I wonder what happened 👀👀👀))