31 | Ooooo Yum Yum Apple

don't question the title
it's currently 2 am

ϟ

DRACO

_

"STOP DOING THAT," Pansy said, waving her hand in front of me, "you'll pop a blood vessel at the rate you're staring them down."

I had a bowl of oatmeal sitting on the table in front of me, it's cinnamon scent wafting into my face like hot air, but I paid it no mind. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't break my gaze from the trio of Gryffindor's at the table across from me.

Potter, Granger, and the Weasel were just...talking. They seemed just as normal as usual, which was a complete shock considering [y/n] was missing.

Do they even realize she's gone?

Do they even know where she is?

Do they know if she's doing okay?

Stop it, you're asking too many questions, Draco. Besides, Pansy's already noticed your evil glaring, and so has half of the Slytherin table, which is making them all stare at you with confused expressions.

"Hello?" Blaise frowned, nudging my shoulder harshly, "mate, can you hear us?"

Yes, of course I can hear them. I have ears.

"Perfectly," I nodded, narrowing my eyes, "I'm just trying to see what those bloody Gryffindors are deviously planning behind our backs."

Pansy cocked a brow, "they're planning something?"

"They always are."

"Fair point, but I doubt it. One of them is missing."

I know, Pansy, I hissed to myself, did you think I wouldn't notice my own girlfriend gone? I knew she didn't know about us (thank god), but it was still bothersome keeping all of this a secret.

I just wanted to know if she was okay. I wanted to know if Neville made do with my instructions and gave Potter the Gillyweed. There were so many things in play at the moment, that I could barely hear myself think.

"I'm going over there," I stated, standing up from my spot at the bench, "I'm going to find out what they're hiding."

Or find out if they know how [y/n]'s doing.

Before either of my friends could get in another word, I hopped over the wooden seat, landed into the aisle, and began to storm around the tables until I reached the one filled with Weasleys. 

I came to a stop in front of the three Gryffindors, hovering over them with an evil glare. The Weasel froze when he saw me, his forkful of breakfast ham stuck in mid air, Granger kept reading some newspaper articles, and Potter narrowed his eyes.

"Malfoy?" He said suspiciously, adjusting the rim of his glasses, "what do you want?"

To know if my girlfriend is doing okay, and if she's being drowned to her death in a disgusting lake filled with amphibians and merpeople.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say that, so I had to come up with another excuse. Good thing I always had a knack for lying.

"I'm here to bully you, Potter," I announced loudly, "why else?"

Yes, excellent cover-up, Draco. Well done. 1,000,000 points to Slytherin for being the embodiment of subtlety, cleverness, and good looks.

Potter wrinkled his nose in surprise, setting down his fork with a clatter. "Um...in the middle of breakfast?"