Ch 140: Ms. Orca's Hair

Lin Yie keeps his head low after returning to his office.

There's no other reason.

Skadi, fresh out of the shower, is sitting across from him again, her hair still wet.

"Uh, I'm really sorry," Lin Yie decides to break the silence first, "I didn't know you came back. The reason I'm here is that the dorm's water supply was cut, and I had to take a shower after training."

"Uhm," Skadi says, "I know. This is not your first time."

Lin Yie gulps helplessly. He wants to explain, but he doesn't really know where to begin. If last time was an accident, is this encounter another accident? It's hard to believe, but that's the truth.

He lifts his head slowly and steals quick glances at her, "You're wearing my clothes..."

"Uhm," Skadi nods.

A terse reply. No explanation. It's like "Oh, I'm wearing your clothes. What're you going to do about it?"

"Uh, can I ask what happened to your clothes?"

"Stained," Skadi says softly, "I was ambushed. By the time I was able to cut him down, I couldn't get away in time, so his blood and guts spilled onto my clothes."

"..."

To casually describe something so bloody with such a calm voice, it's no wonder that she's misunderstood everywhere.

"Are you nervous?" Skadi asks.

"Huh, me? Ah, no, no, no," Lin Yie shakes his head quickly, "I'm not nervous, not nervous at all."

"Really? I don't mind if you just admit it," Skadi says in a soft voice, "Most people are afraid of me. I'm used to that."

Her words somewhat reassured him.

Lin Yie lowers his gaze as he breathes a sigh of relief. It's then that he catches another glance of her thighs. Remembering what he saw back in the shower, his nose starts bleeding again.

"Your nose is bleeding."

Lin Yie pinches his nose quickly, "Don't worry about it. If you want my clothes, just take them."

"I'll give them back later," Skadi pulls on the clothes she's wearing, "I only wear clothes because you're here. In the past, I wouldn't mind walking around-"

"I think wearing clothes is good. Otherwise, you might catch a cold."

"I won't get sick."

"Real-really?" Lin Yie pauses, "If that's the case, do what you want."

"Uhm," Skadi slowly stands up and says, "I need your help."

"What can I do for you?" Lin Yie answers quickly out of his guilty conscience.

But Skadi doesn't say anything.

She walks up to him and leans down.

When her greyish-white hair hangs down in front of him, Lin Yie feels his heart skip a beat. He leans back subconsciously, "You-you-"

"Does it smell?"

"... What?"

"Does my hair smell?"

Lin Yie pauses.

"That person's guts spilt onto my hair," Skadi says softly, "I don't have anything that I treasure, except maybe my hair."

Lin Yie remembers that bottle of shampoo that he found. He asks, "Did you buy that shampoo?"

"Uhm," Skadi says, "I usually don't use that kind of stuff, but I couldn't wash the smell off, so I bought a shampoo. It felt strange, and I'm not sure if my hair still smells."

"Is that it? Alright, I understand now."

Lin Yie thought about taking a deep breath, but that seemed too perverted.

He leans forward and sniffs her hair instead.

There is a strong fragrance coming from her hair. Maybe it's because of her shampoo or maybe... that's how she naturally smells. It's quite pleasant.

"Your hair smells fine," Lin Yie says.

"Really?" Skadi straightens her back, "Thank you."

"If you don't mind... your hair is really long," Lin Yie can't help but say, "It's beautiful."

"My hair is long and beautiful?" Skadi smiles slightly, "Well, thank you... Would you like to touch it? It should be quite soft. I'm confident of that."

If Lin Yie were thick-skinned, he would have accepted her offer immediately.

But no.

Lin Yie smiles awkwardly and changes the topic, "By the way, your application is approved."

He takes the document out of his drawer and hands it to her, "Amiya signed it, but it should still count, right?"

"..."

"You don't want to?" Lin Yie asks nervously.

"I already gave you my answer," Skadi puts the document down, "Since you helped me this time, I will teach you sword fighting techniques as promised."

"Uh, but I already have Yato teaching me."

"I know, and I don't have time to teach you everything," Skadi shakes her head, "But I can still impart some knowledge to you."

"What?"

Skadi doesn't answer him. She reaches for her greatsword.

The moment she touches her greatsword, the room suddenly feels wet and damp.

"I'm not sure if you can learn this," Skadi says softly, "This technique can activate your potential and push your body to its limit. You can achieve greater power for a short period of time... This is-"

Lin Yie raises his arms up subconsciously in a defensive position. It feels like he's facing a raging storm.

"-wave leaping strike."