Chapter 10

Anna and Alice went outside to the back of the club with the two boys. Rhys and Drew were standing there. Anna could see their tall frames behind the large green dumpster. Anna's heart was pounding in her chest. She looked over at Alice and Noah to see that they were deep in conversation. They walked around to behind the dumpster. Carson and Noah stopped when they saw Rhys and Drew.

"Where are we going, Anna?" Carson asked.

She opened her mouth, but she did not know what to say. She looked over at Rhys. He stormed over to Carson and grabbed his shirt and pushed him to the ground.

"What are you doing?" Noah asked.

He shook Alice off of his arm. Alice let out a growl and her eyes went dark. Veins protruded from her eye sockets. She jumped up onto Noah and sank her teeth deep into his neck. He fell to the ground. Alice stayed attached to his neck and was sucking out his blood. There was blood that was splattered across the bricks of the building and the dumpster.

Rhys was on top of Carson and pinning him down to the ground. Noah's screams were gurgling as he tried to push Alice off him.

"Get off me!" Carson screamed.

He was thrashing around underneath Rhys. He was kicking out his legs. Rhys had his wrists and pinned them down above his head. Rhys was looking over his shoulder at Anna.

"Anna, get over here," Rhys said.

Anna's mouth was hanging open as she watched her friend fight for his life. It was going to be her that killed him. Was the pain in her stomach from hunger or guilt?

"Anna, what are you waiting for?" Rhys asked. She could hear the anger seeping into his voice. "You need to bite him."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Carson yelled.

Rhys turned to look back at Carson. Rhys's eyes went black. He opened his mouth to reveal that his fangs.

"What the fuck?" Carson screamed.

"Bite him, Anna," Rhys said. "Do it now."

"Anna, no! Please, Anna. You can't do this!"

Drew stepped around Rhys and Carson. He put his hands on Anna's shoulders. Anna's eyes kept jumping between Rhys and Drew. Carson was screaming and pleading for his life.

"Anna, I know this is hard, but you have to do it," Drew said. "You have to do it now. If he keeps screaming more people are going to come back here. I know you don't want more people to die than necessary, correct?"

Anna nodded. He was right. She wanted as few people to die as possible. She shook her hands at her side before closing her eyes. She took a shaky step forward before getting down next to Rhys. The small stones on the ground tore into her knees.

Carson's face was bright red. Tears were streaming down his face. His glasses had fallen off his face. He rolled his head to the side to stare at Anna.

Pain shot across her gums and she felt her fangs sticking out. Her eyes went black and Carson gasped. Anna curled her fingers into a fist to try and push down the craving to bite him and drain him of his blood.

"Go ahead," Rhys said.

"I can't do it," Anna said.

"You have to and you're going to," he said.

Anna shook her head. Rhys rolled his eyes before reaching into his pocket. He flicked the blade out on his knife and held it up against Carson's neck. Seeing the fear in Carson's eyes made Anna freeze. Rhys pushed the blade into Carson's neck and blood bubbled to the surface. He flipped the blade back in and shoved the knife back into his pocket.