Thanksgiving

<Few weeks after Daxam>

Lena

A bright light. I see a bright, yellow light as I wake up. I quickly realize that it's the sun. I felt a weight on my chest. It was Kara. Her heartbeat, steady and lively slow, thumping. I could feel it. If I listened close enough, I could hear it. 

She nuzzled her head deeper into the crook of my neck, her arms clutching me closer. I turned my head to face the alarm clock, quickly seeing the time, the clock's hands pointing to show that it was just 9 in the morning. 

I felt a little dizzy and a slight headache, but it was morning. It was most likely just that I was tired after Kara and I's... late-night shenanigans.

Kara had gotten her powers back. They came back, stronger than they had ever been. Kara was afraid. She was afraid of hurting me due to the fact that her strength before Daxam was hard enough to control. Now? It's harder for her.

The Kryptonian's eyes fluttered open, her tired, blue orbs squinting at me as they adjusted to the bright sun peeking through the blinds. And then I realized. 

I was so lucky to have her... she's so beautiful... so stunning. A goddess, I'll say. She always amazed me.

"Morning," her morning voice rasped out as she stretched, her arms detaching from my torso as she sat up.  She yawned tiredly before turning to face me, a dopey smile on her face.

"Good morning, beautiful," I responded. She giggled lightly before attaching her lips with mine. I kissed her back, my hands moving to the reporter's waist. 

Kara smiled into the kiss before pulling away, looking me in the eyes. There was something in her eyes I hadn't ever seen in anyone else. Only her.

It was as if that one specific look was reserved for just me. The look where you look at someone, marveling at them. I wondered if this is what Alex meant when she said, "Kara looks at you like that, too,"

"Has anyone ever told you that you're their favorite person? 'Cause... you're mine," she grinned. Her grin was one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. 

I raised an eyebrow, holding back a laugh, "Damn right I'm yours," 

"Glad to know," she spoke before standing up, pulling a shirt on, and walking over to the closet. She quickly changed as I dragged myself out of bed, pulling on one of Kara's college hoodies, paired with some denim jeans.

"Baby, it's Thanksgiving, everyone is coming 'round at... well Alex is getting here at 6, the rest at 7," Kara called over her shoulder. I froze.

"Thanksgiving?" 

Kara turned around, tilting her head, "Yeah, why...?" 

"Who's... who's going?" I managed to speak. I hadn't ever met Eliza Danvers. Sure, Kara had talked to me about her adoptive mother, but I hadn't met the woman. I was terrified.

Kara gave me a disoriented look before answering my question, "Alex, Winn, James, Maggie, Eliza, Kal-El, Lois...?" Oh shit.

"Kara, I haven't met Eliza..."

Kara chuckled before strolling over to me, her hands cupping either side of my jaw, her eyes locked with mine as she spoke, "Lee, she'll love you. Sure, you haven't had the... best... experience with mothers, but Eliza seriously took me in, an alien. I'm sure she'll love you. And don't you dare say anything about how she wouldn't like you because you're a Luthor, but are you serious? She's a scientist, you are a genius... she'll love you,"

I smiled, "You're sure?" 

"Of course," she responded before pecking my lips quickly. Kara moved back to the kitchen before I stopped her again, "Wait,"