Epilogue

Song: Beautiful by Bazzi

9 MONTHS LATER

The last nine months have been very trying on me. While Jake healed very well, and he's doing great, my mental health took a major decline. I've been going to therapy sessions since a week after everything happened. I can't get it out of my head.

Everyone keeps reminding me it was self defense when I shot Monte, but it doesn't change the fact that I took a mans life. Therapy is helping, but I don't think there will ever be a day where I don't constantly think about it. I've even spoken to his family, and they see it as self defense as well, and have no hard feelings towards me, which also helps.

I'm getting better though. With the help of Jake, my friends, and my family. Parker has also helped that too, although I was diagnosed with Postpartum depression. But I think it's also just partially depression from before pregnancy too. All I know though, is I'm a lot happier now than I was, and that's all that matters.

"Shhh, it's okay my sweet boy, let's let mommy sleep," I hear Jake whispering to our newborn son, Parker. My eyes slowly open, just in time to see Jake walking out of the room, cradling Parker in his arms.

Parker is now two months old, and has surprisingly been easy on us. He only wakes up twice during the night to eat now, and usually sleeps until 8am. He doesn't cry much, and he's always so happy. He looks just like Jake, and I love that.

After Jake was shot nine months ago, it took about a month for him to recover. Ollie and Q did most of the dirty work for the mafia during that time, and Jake stayed behind his desk. He didn't want to, and he wasn't happy about it, but I made him.

I know he's really wishing his parents were here to see him now, a dad to the most perfect boy, and a fearless leader to his crew. I'm so proud of who he is and who he has become. He's such a strong person, with everything he's gone through, and he only turns 21 in a few months.

About thirty minutes after Jake left the room, the door slowly opens, and he steps back in, holding Parker in one arm, and a tray in the other. He sets the tray down on my nightstand, as I slowly sit up, smiling at him. He lays Parker in my arms, then sets the tray next to me, and sits down in front of me.

"Happy birthday, princess," he whispers, leaning forward, and kissing me softly.

"Thank you," I respond with a smile.

"How did you sleep?" he questions, taking Parker from me so I can eat. I look over the tray and grin. Chocolate chip pancakes, sausage links, eggs, toast, and orange juice.

"This looks amazing, baby. And I slept pretty well, for it being the first night here," I tell him, cutting into the pancake, and feeding him a bite. He chuckles, as he takes the bite.

We both decided to sell our parents houses, and we bought our own. He sold his parents house because he couldn't stand living there with them no longer alive. I sold my moms house because they're in Florida full time, and it had bad memories for me there as well.

"So, I have a present for you," he tells me, when I finish eating. He hands me Parker back, and points to the onesie he's wearing. "Look at his onesie."

I look down at Parker, and straighten out his onesie, curious how I didn't see this before. In red cursive writing are the words, "mommy, will you marry daddy?" I gasp, and look up to see Jake holding an open ring box.

"Emma Loren Carter, you are everything I never knew I wanted or needed. You came into my life like a whirlwind, and you changed everything. You were so unexpected, and I fell in love with you instantly. Nobody but your best friends knew who you really were, and I felt so fucking lucky to find that out. You're the most kind, caring, smart, beautiful, absolutely amazing woman I have ever met, and I never want to spend another day without you in my life. I know we have a complicated past, but I swear to God, you are it for me, princess. Will you make me the luckiest man alive, and marry me?" When he finishes, I'm sobbing. Happy tears, of course.

"Yes. Absolutely," I sob, smiling through the tears. He smiles instantly, and slips the beautiful ring onto my left ring finger. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, princess," he whispers, kissing me softly.

"Why don't you go lay our sleeping prince in his bed?" I whisper, biting my lip.

Jake is up in an instant, carefully taking Parker from my arms. I let out a giggle at how excited he is. He leaves the room, and a couple of minutes later, he comes back in, and climbs onto the bed. He hovers over me, his muscles in his arms flexing, turning me on more than I already was.

"Fuck me, Jacob," I whisper, and that's all it takes for him to crash his lips onto mine.

"God, I love that dirty mouth of yours," he growls, kissing down my jawline and neck.

Just as his fingers are about to slip inside of me, Parker starts to cry through the monitor, and we both freeze. Jake lets out a sigh, while I can't help but giggle. He rolls his eyes at me as he climbs off of the bed, and leaves the room.

I never imagined in a million years that this is how my life would turn out. From an abusive father, never seeing my mother, being a complete bitch at school, all the way to my father being arrested, moving in with my mother, having the two best friends a girl could ask for, a sweet baby boy and.... falling in love with the mafia leaders son.

It's a pretty damn great life.