Chap. 2 - You make do with what you have

"Uh-"
(Y/n) was about to say something incoherent when the monkey raised his hand, stopping her. He turned back and walked towards the passed out wolf demon. He kneeled and grabbed her head. (Y/n) flinched when she heard a single crack, her face became paler as she realized that she just witnessed a murder. But hey, better be a demon than herself.
Just then, she noticed a golden snake going passed her. She remembered the stories telling that they were like messengers made of magic, the wolf demon must've summoned it before the monkey killed her. (Y/n) caught it but it easily slipped away from her grasp and suddenly picked up the pace, out of sight in a matter of seconds. She cursed to herself, who knows where it was going and what message was it sending, nothing good that was for sure.

"You're the one who got me out?"
She turned around, the monkey was now standing in front of her, frowning slightly.
"I-I think so? Maybe?" she said, not even sure herself.
He looked at her up and down, he opened his mouth but then shook his head and walked out of the mountain. (Y/n) stood there in shock before going after him.
"W-w-wait, wait!" she clumsily walked through the crystal shards of various sizes before exited the mountain as well. "Wait!"
"What?" he sternly asked as he faced her, clearly annoyed.

She hesitated, still baffled by the situation, but eventually spoke.
"A-are you...Sun Wukong? As in, the Monkey King Sun Wukong? As in the Great Sage equaling Heaven Sun Wukong? Sun Wukong the quintuple immortal? The one who-"
"Yes. I know, I'm amazing. Get to the point."
"Wha-what are you doing here?! Aren't you supposed to be a Bodhisattva with Tripitaka? Or back on Flower Fruit Mountain after your journey to the west?"
"Ha! Is that what the stories tell people nowadays? Telling lies and now they just invent endings?" he kept walking. "Sorry girl, welcome to the real world. Don't believe everything stories tell you."
She frowned and followed him.
"But you still have your crown stuck on your head, so there is at least some truth to the story. What were you doing stuck under a mountain? What happened? Where's Tripitaka and the others?"
"Oh for the love of-!" he suddenly turned around, stopping her. "They're gone! Okay?! Now will you shut up with the interrogation?! I literally just got out for the time in god knows how many years!"
"...Sorry." seeing the anger in his eyes, she decided to stop the questions, even though she really wanted him to develop.

He huffed and kept walking, with her not far behind. She looked down and held her chin.
"Why are you following me?" he asked.
"I'm thinking."
"That doesn't answer my question, stop following me!" he stopped again.
(Y/n) was silent for a moment before looking at him with a serious expression.
"I've decided."
"Huh?" he frowned, wondering what the hell this girl was going on about.

"I'm going to see the goddess Bodhisattva Guan Yin."
"Guan Yin? Why?"
"Because demons are after the new reincarnation of the Golden Cicada. Also it might maybe probably not but who knows be me." she quickly mumbled that last sentence.
He lifted an eyebrow.
"I-Listen! I got you out of that crystal didn't I?! But whatever, even if I wasn't, something is going on and I'm going to ask her for help."
"Uh-hu." he sighed. "Well good luck with that."
"What? No, you're coming with me!"
"What."
"I don't know where her island is, and there's no way I'm surviving on my own. I was lucky enough to travel in an area free of demons, but I know that won't last forever. Not after that last one sent a snake messenger probably to tell her boss where to find me, because I made her think I was the Golden Cicada-It's a long story."
"I'm sure it is, and I don't wanna hear it. Ask someone else."
"No. Because as far as I'm concerned, you are the only one who can help me right now."
"Well sorry to break it to you, but I'm done being someone's bodyguard. Toodles." with a flick of the wrist, he started to run.

"No! Don't go! Hey!" she ran after him, but of course, she was no match for him. "Stop!"
Suddenly, he fell over, grabbing his head and wriggling around in pain for a few moments. During which she caught up to him.
"Are you okay?" she asked in a panic, leaning over him.
Finally the pain stopped. Panting, he sat up and shook his head to regain his composure. His touched his crown.
'Even from beyond you bother me...' he thought.
"Did...Did I do that?" (Y/n) whispered to herself before clearing her throat. "Please, will you be my escort?"