63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen

RUNNING

FOR MILES

Slowly I slid down the white wooden door and down onto the floor where my bare thighs touched the cold white tiles of Hale's spare bathroom. I then put my head in my hands and lent onto my knees where I continued to cry and gasp for air.

After a few minutes of crying and making weird gasping noises, I realized how silly I must sound to anyone on the other side of the door. I tried to gather every bit of strength within me to calm my breathing and stop myself from crying.

One of the main strategies I use to do to try and calm myself before I have an anxiety attack is by trying to count ten things that I am grateful for, whether they are people or materialistic things.

One, my brother Sammy. Two, my father. Three, Lila Hayes. Four, Lakyn Westbrook. Five, my skateboard. Six, Tater Tots. Seven, the dead plants in my room. Eight, Jacob Elordi. Nine, my cousins Isla and Isaac.

Ten, Miles Hale.

Being in the bathroom seemed to be the only safe and quiet place I have been in a while. Being here It felt as if it were dead quiet, it felt as if the music that was blasting outside wasn't even there, it felt as if there weren't a whole heap of rowdy teenagers downstairs doing all sorts of illegal activities.

Being here again felt like home, it felt as if I was finally freed and away from everything that could ever hurt me, that is what a home is supposed to feel like. Home is supposed to feel warm, comfortable, it's where you can truly be yourself without judgment.

But those are all the things I feel when I am with Hale. I suppose my home will be wherever I am when I'm with Hale, that is if I am ever reunited with him. But I can and I will wait for him, even if I have to wait till the next lifetime and the next after that one.

It would all be worth it, for him.

A loud bang on the door is what brings me out of my longing and pain-ridden thoughts of my old lover. I waited a minute hoping that they would leave but another two bangs vibrated on the door which caused me to stand up and sniffle.

I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my black hoodie, "Just a minute."

Before I could walk over to the sink to splash my face two more knocks were heard from the other side of the door, I bit my fingernail as I quickly unlocked it and hoped that there wasn't an angry Boston on the other side of it.

As the door opened, I was met with brown hair and brown eyes, my favorite ones in the entire world to be more specific.

"H-Hale?" I whispered out as I was lost for words.

He quickly pushed me back into the bathroom as he also entered and shut the door behind him where he proceeded to lock it as he turned around and looked at me. His eyes seemed to slowly move all over my body, from head to toe.

I sucked in a deep breath as just being in the same room, a small one at that, was enough to make me want to break down and cry. I wanted to cry as I wanted him, I wanted nothing but to be with him and not Boston.

Not being able to handle him looking at me I looked down at my shoes where I tried to ignore him and pretend that he wasn't here. If I didn't do this then I feel like I would do something that I know I shouldn't but I found myself wanting to feel his touch once more.

Instantly I made the decision, as wrong as it is, I couldn't stop myself. I took two big swift steps and locked my arms around him as I laid my head onto his chest, where I breathed in his pine needle and vanilla scent.