Ya Like Black Flag?

I sat alone at the back of the history classroom. There wasn't a familiar face in sight as my fellow classmates walked through the door. At that point I had lost hope of finding a familiar face in the sea of peers and just, looked to the window beside me. Finally, the bell rang and a few stragglers walked in, taking the remaining seats set in singles rather than fours or doubles. I wish Mikey was in this class...

As class began, the teacher gave the same old first day of school speech. Uninterestingly, I began gazing around the classroom, observing, and silently judging my peers.

Only a moment or two passed when my eyes began observing a boy sat across from me. From what I could see, he wore black thick rim glasses that covered my view of his eyes. His longer dark blond hair, that could be mistaken for an orangey color under the right lighting, drew side burns along the side of his jawline as a baseball cap sat atop his head. My mind buzzed as I tried figuring out why I felt so drawn to this boy, that is, until the teacher's first day speech ended.

"Mkay, now that we're done with that, why don't we learn a bit about each other, hmm?" The man stood in front of us held a rainbow haky sack in his hand, tossing it up and down, "I'm gonna pass the ball around and whoever catches it, speaks! So, why don't you say," He thought for a moment, "You're name, and one thing you're looking forward to this year! So, my name is Mr. Pog, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!" He threw the hacky sack to someone, and they did as told.

The rainbow ball was thrown around the room with a few interceptions and miss throws. Eventually, the rainbow ball made it's way to my side of the classroom where the boy with the baseball cap caught it. Intently, I watched as he took a deep breath, and began to speak.

"My... my name is Patrick... and I'm... I'm looking forward to... to making new friends..." that was tough to watch... although I highly doubt mine will be any better...

He looked around the room, and then to me. I was able to get a good look at his face. The thick rim glasses were held over his slightly chiseled nose that went well with his small lips. Aside from that, he had a pair of eyes that were completely captivating. Blue eyes with sparks of yellow causing them to look almost hazel. Wow... he's cute...

Then, I was brought back to reality by the hacky sack coming my way. Barely, I caught it. Fuck... what am I gonna say!? Ugh... I didn't even think of anything!

"My name... my name is Y/n, and, I'm looking forward to... uhm..." meeting new people... meeting new people... meeting new people...

"Meeting new people..." nailed it...

Quickly, I threw the hacky sack to whoever was ready to catch it. By the time the little game was over, we still had about fifteen minutes of class left.

"Talk amongst yourselves for the rest of class!" He said before sitting down behind his desk.

I sighed, not having anyone to talk to. Since I had nothing better to do, I pulled out my sketchbook and began doodling. After about ten minutes, I felt someone's gaze on me.

My eyes tore away from the little page and went around the room. To my surprise, the boy from earlier had his eyes on me. He noticed my gaze on him, so he immediately turned away.

Finally, the bell rang, and I shoved my things away. Just as I was beginning to leave, the boy came over to me.

"Hi..." He greeted, shyly. I smiled.

"Hi..." I greeted back, "It's Patrick? Right?" He nodded and we began walking out the classroom door, "I'm Y/n..."

"Cool, what...what class do you have?"