(18) Bruises

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

"(Yn?), are you in here?!"

Your eyelids flutter open. You slowly lift your head up. Pain coursed through your body. You recognized that voice...The dimly lit room reflected dark shadows on the walls. You shudder. You had to call out. "Ah.." your voice is sharp and raspy, and your throat is sore for screaming. You try to pull against the chains that bound your arms to the wall. Your wrists were already purple with bruises from how hard you've pulled.

Your whole body was covered in bruises.

From him.

Your kidnapper.

It was only three weeks ago, but it might as well have been a lifetime. You walked out of the Museum of Natural history in the middle of the night. Your father, Larry Daley was a nightguard at the magical museum, so you often tagged along with him to visit the exhibits. Over the two years that you'd been visiting, you met, fell in love with, and began dating the Pharaoh, King Ahkmenrah.
That night the two of you got into a massive fight. You stormed out of the museum and sat on a bench in Central Park. You didn't tell anyone where you were going. That was a mistake.

Because you never came back.

You try to call out again but can't find the voice. You feel so helpless. Why did you leave him? The only place you want to be right now is in Ahkmenrah's strong, loving arms. You miss the way he stroked your (hc) hair. The way he called you his "Egyptian Flower". How the two of you would sneak around the museum so your dad wouldn't find the two of you.

You trace your finger around on the dirty concrete floor. The world feels so dark. You feel so dirty. Not just physically, but mentally. Your captor not only beat you, but he would occasionally make you sleep with him. You whimper at the thought.

But there was nothing you could do.

"Wait!! Down here, a hidden door!"

You look up to a voice. Your heart begins beating faster at the thought of someone finding you. You clear to ur throat as much as you can "I-I'm i-in here!" You croak out.

Suddenly the door to the room slams open and two Police officers rush into the room. You notice that standing behind them is Ahkmenrah, with an expressionless face. Dark circles are underneath his eyes. He isn't wearing his usual pharaoh outfit, and is instead wearing a black hoodie, and ripped blue jeans. You figured it was so he could look for you without drawing attention to himself. You both stare at each other for a couple of moments, without saying a word.

"(Yn)!" He cries. He runs over to you and wraps his arms around you. "I-I thought I'd lost you..." he looks at you with teary eyes. "I would've never forgiven myself if something had happened to you."

You try to wrap your arms around Ahkmenrah, but the chains on your wrists constrain you. Ahkmenrah notices this and scans you up and down. He looks at the bruises and scratches on your body with a look of horror. You only had a tattered extra large white shirt covering your otherwise exposed body. You look down at your hands and begin to cry. "Ahk...I'm s-so sorry..." fat tears roll down your cheeks. "It was absolutely horrible..." you softly sob.

Ahkmenrah gently takes your hands out of the chains, being careful not to hurt you anymore than you already were. He wraps a blanket around your cold body and picks you up in his strong arms. "It's alright...I'm here." He softly says.

You lean your head into his chest, your cheek over his beating heart. It gave you a sense of comfort. A true luxury after the past couple of weeks. As Ahk kisses the top of your head, you finally peacefully fall asleep.