Chapter twenty one: the holiday

"But we're still young
We don't know where we're going
But we know where we belong"
-song: Sweet Creature by Harry Styles
___________________________________

      DRACO WHISTLED and waved his hand in front of Woodlocks face "Earth to Ophelia." She snapped her head toward Malfoy and raised her eyebrows. "You okay?"

      "Oh yeah," she uttered under breath "Just tried."

       Draco nodded in agreement. In was late probably 11:20 pm. They were sitting in Astronomy and Ophelia's head was killing her.

       "Good job you guys." Their Professor handed them their graded essay from there project from earlier in the year. Ophelia took the parchment and scanned over it.

      "Damn this is probably gonna be the best grade I get all year." She muttered to herself.

        Draco took the page from her and shrugged off the O at the top of the paper, he was used to good grades. He turned his head to Woodlock "What are you doing for Christmas?" He said trying to start a conversation.

        Ophelia glanced at him "Oh I'm just staying here," She rubbed her hand over her head, trying to get rid of her headache. "What about you?"

       "I'm going home," he thought about how she was probably going to be by herself for the next two weeks. "I'll write you though."

       She smiled and leaned her elbows on the desk.

       Draco and Ophelia had gotten really close over the last month. Still Malfoy didn't ask her to be his girlfriend yet, but she felt it was coming soon. They definitely had a thing with each other, most people could see this. Luckily Harry hadn't kicked her out of D.A yet, though she now doubt he would.

-

      "So that's it for this lesson." Potter told the group as they stood in the Room of Requirement "Now we're not going to be meeting again until after the holidays, so just keep practicing on your own the best you can and we'll done everyone."

      Ophelia smiled as everyone clapped.

      "Have a great holiday Harry." She said to him as she made her way to the front of the space.

       "You too Ophelia."

        She walked out of the room and pushed her glasses up her nose.

        "How's your boyfriend?" She turned her head and laughed at the red head boys.

        "We're not dating." She crossed her arms over her chest.

        "Hm ok because everyone goes around kissing people they aren't dating." Fred smirked as he watched her face burned with red.

        "Shut it." She mumbled "I don't know what your talking about." She rubbed her hand on the back of her neck.

        "Sure you don't," Fred nudge his twin with his elbow "Say George, did you or did you not see Malfoy and Woodlock snogging by the lake yesterday?"

        "Yes I-"

        "Okay! Okay!" She cut george off "But we aren't dating so don't go spreading around rumors."

        The twins laughed and nodded their heads.

-

       Dear Woodlock,

     I hope you are enjoying you're time at Hogwarts. My house is boring, I wish I was with you.

      I hope you like you're present. And thank you for the journal, now we can have matching diaries.

      Ha ha.

     Your favorite person ever,

      Draco Malfoy

-

     Ophelia smiled at the letter. She held up the necklace that Draco had given her for Christmas. The chain was a dazzling gold, and it had a small circular charm, she brought the charm closer to her face. She smiled harder once she saw it had the Gemini constellation on the front. She knew he did that because that was the constellation they studied and since they share the same zodiac sign.

     She turned it over and her jaw slacked slightly as she saw it said 'Ophelia' on the back of the gold circle. It was obviously custom made which made Woodlock's heart flutter.

     She moved her long hair to the side of her right shoulder and clipped the chain around her neck. The charm hung right below her collarbone.

    Ophelia suddenly felt guilty for not giving him a more expensive gift.

     She had given Draco a notebook since he had told her that he wanted one like hers. Though she thought he was just joking, she got him one anyway. She didn't have a lot of money and it was a reasonable price.

     She shook off the thought and sat down on her bed. She took a clean paper and began to write back.

-

      Dear Malfoy,

      Thank you so much for the necklace, I love it. I know my present probably looks like a joke next to the one you got me but I hope you somewhat enjoy it.

      I wish you were here with me, Hogwarts is dreadful without you.

      J'espère te voir bientot,
(I don't know if you have learned that phrase yet in your book but it's 'I hope to see you soon')

      Ophelia Woodlock
-

She stood up and made her way to the owlery, her right hand gripping onto the letter. A smile switched on her lips as she reached her free hand up to her collarbone, her fingers feeling the cold gold charm that rest there.

~
i literally forgot that Tom Riddle had a diary lmaooo

basically i was going to make Ophelia put Dracos name onto the cover of the notebook but then i remembered that voldy did that-

their "journals" dont have anything to do with tom btw lol (just thought i should say that)