XIII

Kalen

Kalen

Ashanti opened her eyes with a loud bang on her chest. Ang mga nalaman kagabi ay sariwa pa sa kaniyang isipan. Wala na siyang nalaman pang ibang detalye maliban sa nakita sa artikulong iyon. Bumaba siya at kumain, ngunit kaunti lamang dahil sa kakaibang lasa sa kaniyang dila. Mula talaga nang bumalik siya mula sa resthouse ni Giovanni ay hindi na naging maganda ang kaniyang nararamdaman.

"Maeann, get my bag. I'll go now." She then went outside where the car was waiting for her. Mabilis naman itong nakuha ng kasambahay at patakbong pumunta sa kaniya.

In Franklin, Ashanti and Kennedy got the same class for that day. There was no heavy task given to them so they sighed out of relief. During their open hours, they decided to go to the cafeteria.

"Hey, how about this one ba? Is he bagay for me?"

While walking, Kennedy gave her the phone with the picture of a man on the screen. Ashanti twitched her lips then gave back to her the phone.

"Not bad, but someone could be better. You accepted Jaxon's bet, huh?"

Kennedy rolled her eyes and nodded. "Bored na rin ako sa life ko. I need excitement naman!"

"You need excitements? Then ask Cayser to give you some places where you can flirt with some guys."

"Heh, that prick is so nakakagigil. Tsaka kung maga-ask naman ako ngayon ay for sure 'di 'yun sasagot. Napaka sleep oil kaya nun!"

She looked at her and raised her brow. "Sleep oil?"

"Tulog mantika, duh. It's a filipino idiom!"

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Filipino idiom but you used English words."

"Para unique." They stopped at the center of the building ground. Few students were wandering around.

"I'll go to CR first. You go in the cafeteria and find some table."

"Okie-Dokie. But I will use the elevator, for sure roon ako sa kabilang main door makakaenter."

She nodded then they parted ways. Habang papunta si Ashanti sa kabilang direksyon, si Kennedy naman ay tumigil sandali nang makita ang kakilala.

"Liam!"

Liam immediately turned his sight in her direction and wave his hand. He and his friend walk towards her. "Good to see you here, Kenny."

She smiled at him. "Sa laki ng Franklin we still see each other faces, pa rin."

"Of course, we have the same course."

Kennedy looked at the man beside Liam. His face was familiar, maybe he was a public figure or a model?

"Oh, by the way, this is Kalen, my friend. He's also taking the same course as us."