thirty-six.

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX:INEVITABLE CONCLUSION

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX:
INEVITABLE CONCLUSION

❖ ❖ ❖

(this chapter is legit all smut lol, see u in the next one if it isn't ur thing. i'll summarise in the comments section any important details)

Caution thrown into the wind, Spencer's knees threaten to give out on him. His hands are on her neck, pulling her in, and hers are everywhere: his back, his hair, his neck, his hands, his arms, curling around his tie -- always pulling him in, too. He can't get any closer, breathing in her skin and lower lip between her teeth, but he still wants to be closer, climb inside her skin.

The movement erratic, unintentional, his hips press in on hers, and she moans a laugh as she staggers back to the wall. "That was fast," she mumbles against his mouth, before he drags his tongue down her jaw to the slender ivory column of her neck. Her hands are on his belt buckle, on the growing tent in his polyester trousers, sliding between his buttons.

"You're in my clothes," he whispers, hands on the wall either side of her head, mouth on her collarbone now, "in my apartment, in my bed every night. And I've wanted you from the beginning. Every second. What do you expect?"

Nina laughs. Her head is rolled back, eyes shut, hands in his hair, and she pulls him up to eye level. His hands follow, finding her neck. "Don't let your little guard dogs outside hear you talk like that," she jokes, all as she cranes her neck back cooperatively, letting him find a grip.

He grins. "Nina, trust me, I'm gonna make sure they hear. So they can sit in their blacked-out minivan and listen and be jealous of us."

Her mouth opens, still with that delighted, teasing smile, but no words come. A flush has taken her face and neck, painting her rose pink. He simply has no choice but to kiss her when she looks like that, body and mouth pressed hard and close to hers, hand around her throat.

A thousand dreams are coming true, and a maelstrom of images from the past few months of longing are at the front of his mind when his eyes close and he lets the sensations take him. He has no idea how, or when, but still entangled in each other they make it to his bed, and Nina yanks his hand off her and slams him down into the pillows, all with the same breathless smile.

She straddles his thighs, grinning as she starts to unbuckle his jeans. "Why you ever bother getting dressed is a mystery to me," she says, hands working quickly, his own fingers darting amongst the air for a moment before finding a home on her thighs. "Much prefer you with your clothes off. Don't they hurt?" Eyes teasing, eyebrows raised expectantly, her fingers drag down over the very obvious bulge against the black cotton, before going to his button and zipper. He could come in his pants just from that, and his eyes roll back in his head. "Take your shirt off."

He doesn't even have a sarcastic comment. And he's far past saying no. Eyes blinking blearily open, he starts to yank off his tie before his fingers go to his button-up, shaking. He's trying to undo them all too fast -- too fast for his hands to work.