Mission Plan

The war room in the Fire Nation was quite intimating. Sukara stood away from the table, quite grateful that she didn't have to sit at the head anymore. War meetings had been her least favourite time even when she had been Empress, she found them boring and unhelpful. She never tended to follow the plan anyway, a battle could never be that predictable.
Now though, they weren't going to war. They were hunting a criminal.

"And you say Guan is supposedly up in the mountains?" Izumi asked, raising an eyebrow, not entirely believing that the information was accurate.

"We have reason to believe so yes," Lin told her, her tone was serious, she knew how it sounded. It was unusual that Guan would be hiding out in a mountain in the Fire Nation but it wasn't impossible, and she trusted the source.

"There's no harm in checking," Iroh said, noting his mother's frown, she wasn't one for nonsense and she wouldn't want to send fire nation soldiers up there without reason, "and if there's trouble we can call back for help, if there's not we've had a good hike."

"You're not going," Izumi told him firmly.

"Mother."

"You have duties here," she explained, her tone remaining calm and collected, "you don't have time for climbing mountains."

"You're mother's right," Sukara told him, "if you don't need to go there's no point. We'll be okay."

"Okay, so the plan," Lin announced to the table, "if we get there and Guan is there we need to stay together, no one goes anywhere alone. He had brainwashing technology last time, we don't know if or how that has been developed. We don't want to be fighting each other by the end of the day."

"Then if we split, Korra and Sukara stay separate," Asami suggested, "if one of them gets taken we won't be able to stop them without the other."

"Agreed," Lin nodded, her arms folded across her chest, "we definitely don't want to be stuck fighting two avatars."

"And if he's not?" Bolin asked, slightly hopeful that they wouldn't find anything.

"Then we've had a bad lead and we'll regroup when we get something else," Lin told him, continuing with the plan, "we'll make sure to stick in groups; Korra, Mako, Jinora, Kuvira, you'll stick with me, Asami, Kai, Bolin, Sukara, you'll stick with Tenzin. If we need to split up, we need to stay focused. No distractions."

Lin got begrudging nods from the rest of them. They clearly didn't want to be parted from each other, but they didn't want to argue with Lin. She had made up her mind, there was nothing they could do now.

"It's agreed then," Izumi nodded, standing from the head of the table, "you will go and look for Guan, if you come into trouble, the Fire Nation will give you aid. Other than that, we're here to house you."

"And we really hope that you enjoy your stay," Zuko smiled, giving a sigh as he listened to his daughter be so formal.

She was good at her job and he was so proud of her but she could be a bit up tight sometimes. It was mainly when she was working though, Izumi did have her softer moments but, she tended to take after her mother in that respect.