35

They'd ended up sleeping in the tent. Though, when they woke up, George and Eret's wings were ruffled from the grass. Eret's had random blades of it sticking out in random places.

Dream quietly poked his head out and blinked. The sun had only just risen. " I think we should start to head back before Patches throws a fit. " He said as he stood up outside of the fort and stretched.

George and eret followed close behind and Dream led them back to the house. Patches eagerly ran up with an angry glare and a meow. Dream bent down and scooped her up, mumbling sorries as he set her down on the counter and gave her some food.

Eret was sitting on a chair, plucking grass from his feathers and George was making food for them. Dream's thin tail flicked.

Dream hunched as he gave a low sigh. He was out of food. He turned away from the fridge and sat down beside Eret. George gave Eret a plate and they turned on the tv, laughing at the reporter and what not.

Humans. Dream found them rather amusing. He glanced up at the tv and listened in when the room had fallen into a deadly silence.

" Two dangerous entities have escaped a containment unit and are now on the loose. Please keep an eye out for these two. " She turned and motioned to a couple pictures of Eret and Dream. Eret face palmed with a sigh.

" Dangerous entities? Really? " He groaned. Dream looked over at him, his ear twitching as he turned back to the tv. He didn't realize his ears were so long. They were almost out of the shot.

Dream leaned forwards, listening to George and Eret chat worriedly in hushed tones.

He grabbed the phone off the table and opened twitter, narrowing his eyes. People were freaking out, talking about how he was on the news and considered dangerous. Some were calling him a monster while others were calling the news stupid for mistaking cosplay for something else. Dream snorted.

He continued scrolling and looking over everything. People were really unhappy about it to say the least.

" How are you so easy going about this? " George asked incredulously while looking at Dream. Truthfully, Dream was silently panicking. He really didn't want to end up in containment again. He had to put on a façade.

" It's not like they can do much. They don't know where we are. " Dream said with a shrug.

" They know we live with Sapnap. So they know we're in Texas. " George argued. Dream shook his head. He stood up and turned off the tv, the lady had been describing the two's physical features despite the pictures.

Dream walked upstairs and took off his shattered mask with a frown. He placed a hand over his face, heaving a stressed sigh.

" Just my luck. " He said as he sat down. Suddenly his phone started ringing and he panicked, trying desperately to remember what it meant. He picked it up and answered.

" Hi? " He said as he sat down on his bed, he was admittedly trembling. Scratch that, he was full on shaking with fear. He could barely keep the phone still.

" Dream? " Sapnap's voice rang out from it. He relaxed significantly. Trying to calm himself.

" Hi, Snapmap. " He said, unable to keep his voice from wavering.

" What's going on? My Twitter is blowing up with something about you. " Sapnap said wearily.

" Well, you see, they're looking for Eret and I again. They showed pictures of us with and without our uhm dead  features. " He said.

He heard Sapnap slowly inhale on the other side of the phone. " Okay, you guys haven't left the house though, right? " Dream shook his head before realizing Sapnap couldn't see him.

" No. We haven't. " He answered.

" Good. You seem really shaken, are you okay? " Sapnap said more gently.

" well. Physically, I'm okay. But I'm actually kind of having a mental break down sooo no? " Dream explained, he nearly dropped the phone, flailing to catch it for a moment before giving up and placing it on the bed, turning on the speaker mode George had shown him.

" Just, go talk to George and Eret. It will help. " Sapnap reassured him. " I have to go now. Stay safe, okay? " He said.

" Mhm. " Dream said, biting his lip nervously as the phone beeped three times before hanging up. He slumped against the bed, shaking with anxiety.

He heard a couple of thuds and froze, the way they echoed made his heart race. Suddenly the door creaked open and Dream jumped back with a cry of fear, covering his face and flinching away.

" Dream! " George exclaimed, racing forwards and wrapping him up in a hug. Dream practically deflated with relief and gripped George's shirt tightly.

" I'm scared. " He admitted quietly.

" I am too. " Eret said as he walked in and sat down on the bed. It was hard to tell his expression with the glasses, but Dream could practically sense the nervousness rolling off him in waves.

" What are we supposed to do? " Dream asked as he looked over at George.

George took a deep breath and shook his head in defeat. " Stay hidden I guess. " He said.

Eret nodded. " It's the best option we've got for now. " He said, brushing out his ruffled, raven colored feathers.

Dream glanced up at the window, the sun shone brightly through it. He stood up and closed the curtains, causing the room to dim significantly. His ears drooped as he glanced around at his surroundings.

" Let's only stay in the house or in the land of the dead. Okay? " George said. Dream and Eret agreed without hesitation.

The boys walked back downstairs and closed the curtains to all the windows. Doing this made them realize they probably should've done it sooner being as they walk around the house in their 'regular' forms.

The fact that they hadn't been caught made them laugh a little at their luck. They glanced out the front door before deciding they would leave that as the only open window. Blacking out the window would be too much of a risk. Too sketchy.

It would be almost obvious.

Once they were satisfied, they migrated to the kitchen. Even Patches looked solemn as her purrs echoed through the tense room, she rubbed her head along each person.

Hi y'all!

Should I start up a character Q n A on insta for this? Idk. I just really need more excuses to doodle lol. 

Hope you're all being safe! 

Love y'all!

Moony <3