E I G H T E E N

50 COMMENTS!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You sure we should be doing this?" Rafael asked.

The two boys towered over Lilah. She was standing in the middle but a bit behind the two of them. They hurried through the parking lot towards the building. She looked around, taking in the normal high school. Mystic Falls High, the one where Stefan had gone to when he met Elena Gilbert, the school where it all started for the Mystic Falls gang.

Her Aunt Rebekah had some memories at the school, too. Photographs of herself as a cheerleader and a homecoming dance she didn't get to go to because of Elena.

Fond memories.

"If Dr. Saltzman thinks he can ignore my calls like we don't live in the same town, he's got another thing coming," responded Landon. "Namely monsters, because if they're back and after me now, we must've down something to screw up the night that the Malivore pit went dry, and if we can't remember any of it, we need his help to figure out what changed, and how to fix it, or we're all in danger."

He looked at himself and Lilah when he said "we." Her eyes widened in confusion before she remembered that everyone except for herself, Roman, and Hope believed that Lilah and Landon were the one that closed that stupid pit.

"Don't say 'we' and drag me into this. Those monsters are after you, not me," Lilah shook her head, pointing at Landon as she spoke. "I am innocent in this mess."

Rafael's eyes were stuck on something behind them, looking worried. Lilah peered over her shoulder at a man who was walking in their direction. She rose an eyebrow at his expression, but before she could question it, Landon spoke again.

"Are you even listening to me?" Landon asked Rafael, waving a hand in front of his face.

"Y-yeah, I'm always listening," Rafael responded.

"Well, do you speak anymore? I mean, ever since you got back to school, your sentences have averaged three words each," Landon questioned.

"That's not true," denied Rafael.

Lilah's focus was now on the man behind them, trying to watch out for him while keeping up with the two foster brothers. Something about him felt off.

Landon held up three fingers, stating, "That's three words."

They stopped in front of the entrance to the school, Lilah looking bored at the foster brothers' conversation. 

"Why did you need me to come along again?" Lilah asked.

"Well, you were there when I saved Rafael, and if I'm going to talk to Dr. Saltzman, maybe you can give us some input on everything since you're like... a Mikaelson and whatever."

She nodded, "Fair point."

"Look, I know you say you're fine, but you were stuck as a wolf for a pretty long time," Landon said to his brother.

"Yeah, and I'm back now. So, it's all good."

"Thanks to her and Hope."

Landon patted his shoulder, walking off while Rafael looked at Lilah and smiled.

"Yeah, they were pretty incredible."

Lilah felt her stomach turn a bit while he chuckled, glancing down at her with some look in his eye at he followed Landon into the school.

As they walked through the school, Rafael continued to peek into the different classrooms. It seemed as if he was looking for something.

"So, that is why you came with me," Landon said.