Chapter 20 William/Invite

*John's Place*
Seraphina was playing on her phone before she heard the door open. "You're home early-" gets interrupted as a man speaks.

"John!" the man says with a smile. He looks shock as he sees a girl sitting on the couch.

"Wait! You're not John!" the man shouts.

"Neither are you." Seraphina says.

'Uh oh, did I write down the wrong address? Tell me I didn't just break into someone's house.' the man says as he scratches his head.

"Oh! You're John's dad." Seraphina says.

"Ah! You must be Seraphina." the man says in a happy tone.

Seraphina gets up from the couch and walks over to the man. They shake hands.

"It's great to finally meet you!" the man says.

"Likewise, Mister-" gets cut off.

"Please, call me William." William says.

"John talks about you quite a bit." Seraphina says.

"He does? Well, that's kind of embarrassing. Where is he anyways?" William asks.

"Oh, school just let out, so he's probably on his way back now." Seraphina responds.

"Huh? How'd you get here so soon then?" William asks.

"I'm suspended." Seraphina responds.

"Suspende-! How did you pull that off?" William asks. 'What kind of kids is my son hanging out with?'

I got caught reading a certain book. You probably know it. It's called 'Unordinary'." Seraphina says.

William looks surprised. "Uh.. I-Is that so?" William says. 'My bad. I see noe. The reason he wanted a new copy. Was because the old one was confiscated.'

"It's okay though. My suspension ends this friday at 4pm. I'll move back to the dorm by then." Seraphina says.

'Wait a sec, my son's been keeping a girl at his place this whole time? John, we have a lot to talk about..' William thinks. "I didn't realize how close you two were. He wouldn't give that book away so easily. Especially with the book being banned and all. Sorry it got you into trouble."

"Nah, it's my fault I got caught." Seraphina responds.

"But to be honest, I'm surprised Wellston didn't end up kicking you out because of it." William says. 'At least that's what I hear happens to kids who are discovered with it.'

Seraphina smiles. "They would never get rid of me." she states.

'Kids these days.. They all think they're the shit. John was that strong and he still got himself expelled.' William thinks. He sighs. "I guess John really wasn't kidding when he said you were very powerful. He doesn't give out compliments. So, out of curiosity... Of the two of you.. Who is stronger?" he asks.

Seraphina looks surprised and William looks forward to the answer. Seraphina begins to laugh and William looks surprised.

"That's a good one-" Seraphina gets interrupted when the door begins to open.

John opens the door. "Hey Sera, I'm bac-" He looks surprised. "What the f-" gets cut off.

"John! Welcome home!" William says as he looks at John.

John walks in. William notices two people behind him. They walk in and the door closes.

"D-Dad! What are you doing here?!" John asks.