lxxi. LOVE TRIANGLE (s.s) (two)

You avoided both of them for days.

It was no easy feat, of course, especially when they both tried to follow you around like lost puppies, desperate to regain your affections. But you managed it.

They weren't even angry at each other anymore; after having some time to think through their actions, both Tom and Sebastian had come to the conclusion that they'd acted childishly and impulsively. A simple apology was shared, after which they even decided to work together to formulate a plan to win you over again.

"She likes flowers," Sebastian had suggested, "and food. And puppies, but we can't really get her a dog when we're in the middle of filming."

"Lilies are her favourite, right?" Tom had clarified. "And maybe a stuffed animal instead of a real one?"

Obviously, there was still an underlying rivalry between the two men, which became apparent when they sneaked into your trailer (yes, you'd given them both spare keys in case of an emergency) to plant the gifts there. A whole pile of stuffed animals was arranged on the couch, several beautiful bouquets of lilies and roses were draped over the table, with six boxes of your favourite chocolates to finish things off. Clearly, they'd both been determined to outdo each other.

After another long day on set, you immediately noticed that something was different when you returned to your trailer – through the window, you could see two silhouettes moving around rather indiscreetly, and you knew who they were straight away. For a moment, you contemplated leaving, maybe even getting a hotel room for the night just to avoid them some more; however, the rational side of your brain decided that it was finally time to face the situation.

When you opened the door, you couldn't help the gasp that escaped you as you laid eyes on all of the gifts. Hesitantly, Sebastian and Tom stepped towards you, both smiling sheepishly in expressions of defeat.

"Hello," Tom spoke awkwardly, causing you to giggle despite yourself. "I'm sorry, Y/N," he added, his cheeks slightly flushed.

"And I'm sorry too. I messed up, we both did," Sebastian muttered.

Carefully moving some stuffed animals aside, you sunk onto the couch, beckoning them both to sit on either side of you. Out of habit, Sebastian wrapped an arm protectively around your shoulders, making it extremely difficult for you to resist leaning into his familiar, comforting embrace.

"I have to ask," you began slowly, after a small pause, "what happened? I mean, you're two of the nicest guys I know, and I've never seen either of you fight like that before."

To an extent, you already knew the answer to your own question. But the conversation was necessary – this couldn't go on any longer, you had to sort things out.

"We... we were fighting over you," Sebastian admitted, shaking his head. "Over who would be better for you. Even though you're too good for either of us, y'know? I mean..."

His voice trailed off as he began to ramble nervously. Taking a deep breath, you interjected.

"So, what you're saying is – you both like me?"

"Yes. A lot," Tom confirmed, evidently seeing no point in lying anymore. "We were going to tell you, but then this happened, so we didn't really get the chance."

Although you were managing to keep calm, on the inside you were screaming. It was almost painfully awkward – you barely had any experience with rejecting people, because usually it was the other way round. Grimacing a little, you glanced towards Tom.

"Look..." you started quietly, "I'm really sorry about this, okay? And I swear, part of the reason why I've been avoiding you for a while is because I knew this was coming, and I didn't want to hurt you like this, but—"

"You don't like me, right?" he predicted, his hopes well and truly dashed.

"I don't," you murmured regretfully, "I see you as one of my best friends, and I-I hope that this doesn't change that."

Truthfully, Tom had been expecting that response, which made it the tiniest bit easier to deal with the rejection – however, he was heartbroken all the same. Nodding, he stood up and headed for the door.

"Just give me a few days, okay?" he asked, smiling tearfully when he saw your concerned expression. "Don't worry, I still want to be friends. I wouldn't give you up for anything. I just need time to... to process it, I guess." And, with a small wave, he was gone, shutting the door behind him and leaving you alone with Sebastian.

"Why?" you wondered, filling the sudden silence.

"Why what?"

"Why me? This whole thing isn't a prank, is it?" You narrowed your eyes, half playful but half paranoid. Sebastian chuckled, but then became more serious, absentmindedly using the pad of his thumb to trace circles over your shoulder.

"Of course not. There's just something about you, Y/N, you're talented, humble, funny, beautiful, I could honestly go on forever. And I... I'm..."

As he hesitated, you placed a hand on his knee, shuffling towards him. "You can tell me," you prompted gently, practically melting as he gazed at you with wide, bright eyes.

"I think I'm falling in love with you," he whispered eventually, and any trace of the arrogant, confident man from a few days ago completely vanished. Now, he was absolutely vulnerable, wearing his heart on his sleeve and giving you the power to either make or break it.

You knew that you felt the same – there was no question about it. While you almost wanted to tease him a little, to delay giving him a response, you also knew that you'd wasted enough time already.

"Then... then I think I'm falling in love with you, too," you breathed.

For a moment, Sebastian was utterly shocked. And then his lips were on yours, kissing the life out of you, but what a way to go; it was soft, sweet, everything you'd imagined it'd be.

"You're perfect," he murmured, when you finally pulled away, slightly breathless and giggling shyly as he wrapped both arms around your waist, pulling you impossibly closer to him. "Thank you."

"For what?" you questioned, sighing contentedly as you toyed with the collar of his shirt before burying your head in the crook of his neck.

"For giving me a second chance," he answered. "For letting me love you."