24

Stiles speeds the jeep to where Jackson had texted Faline he was at with Chris Argent.

"Yo"

"What's up?"

"Hey Jackson"

"Is everything okay?" Scott asks.

"Hey, Scott," Mr Argent says. "Faline. Your friend here was having some car trouble. We're just taking a look."

"Wow," Stiles says.

"There's a shop just down the street," Scott says. "I'm sure they have a tow truck"

"Yeah, you want a ride?" Stiles asks. "Hey come on Jackson, you're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself"

Jackson nods beginning to walk over to the jeep.

"Hey, guys" Mr Argent calls, turning on the engine. "I told you I knew a few things about cars"

The four teenagers watch him walk away and climb into his car before driving off.

"What are you following me now?" Jackson asks.

"Yes, you stupid freaking idiot," Scott says. "You almost gave away everything right there!"

"What are you talking about?" Jackson asks.

"They think you're the second beta," Faline says.

"What?" Jackson asks.

"He thinks you're me" Scott shouts before punching the jeep.

"Dude, my jeep," Stiles says.

"I can hear your heart beating from a mile away, literally," Scott says. "Now he thinks that there's something wrong, and now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you too"

Scott yells angrily before going to hit the jeep again only for green to encase his fist, holding it still in midair.

"Okay, okay, okay," Stiles says. "How about we just step away from Stiles' jeep?"

"Dude" Faline says, lowering her hand as Scott's hand mimics the action. "You need to calm down"

"You know this is your problem, not mine, okay?" Jackson says. "I didn't say anything which means you're the one that's gonna get me killed, okay? This is your fault"

Jackson shoves Scott against the jeep.

"Can we stop hitting my jeep?" Stiles asks.

Scott pushes Jackson back and Faline steps between them, slamming a hand on both of their chests.

"That is enough," Faline snaps. "We have bigger issues to deal with than this stupid, fucking pissing match right now"

"When they come after you," Scott says. "I won't be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone"

"Why are you looking at us?" Stiles asks.

"You know what?" Jackson says. "Now you have to do it. Get me what I want and I will be fine protecting myself"

"No you won't," Scott says. "Just trust me, all it does is make things worse"

"Oh, yeah really?" Jackson asks. "You can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship McCall"

"Yeah I can run really fast now," Scott says. "Except half the time I'm running away from people trying to kill me! And I can hear things like my girlfriend telling people she doesn't trust me anymore right before breaking up with me"

"Scott you need to sort out your priorities," Faline says.

"I'm not lying to you!" Scott exclaims. "It ruins your life"