[35] Meeting

"Hmm... I think this is the place!" Alluka exclaimed, looking up from a piece of paper she was holding. She quickly pointed to the nearby restaurant with a toothy grin. "I made sure to write down the specifics and everything so we won't get lost!"

You and Killua followed her gaze. The casual-looking restaurant seemed to be filled to the brim with customers. "This is where we'll meet them?" You ask, tilting your head with a slight frown. 

Meanwhile, Killua's eyes only narrowed in doubt. "Remember, we're leaving right away as soon as I see something suspicious. Got it?" His serious gaze pierced yours.

You gulped. "Y-Yup!" 

Alluka giggled, staring at the both of you. Soon after, she grabbed yours and Killua's hand, dragging both of you towards the restaurant. "C'mon! We don't wanna keep them waiting!"

--Yesterday--

"Eh? Do you really wanna meet them, Onee-chan?" Alluka asked, tilting her head.

You nod with conviction. "Yes, do you have any way to contact them?"

"Uhh..." Alluka blinked a few times, putting a finger to her chin in thought as she stared off into space for a few seconds. 

Killua shrugged. "Well, if there's no way to co–

"Ah! I remember now!" Alluka beamed, raising a finger. "They gave me their number, I think!" She exclaims, searching her kimono for it.

Meanwhile, you chuckled, looking at Killua from the corner of your eye. He only glares at you, as you try to hold back another chuckle.

"I found it!" Alluka jumps in place, holding up a small piece of paper in triumph. As she pulled out her phone to call them, you and Killua step closer to her, wondering what kind of people she met.

Alluka quickly put the phone to her ear, as an excited smile spread across her face. "Hi again! It's me, Alluka!!" She exclaimed only after a few seconds of waiting. 

Another few seconds pass as you hear muffles of a voice coming from her phone. Then, you hear Alluka speak once more. "I'm great! Hey, Onee-chan wants to meet you guys! Are you gonna be here tomorrow again?"

While she was busy on the phone with this mystery hunter, you lean over to Killua. "How do you think Alluka met these people?" You whisper in his ear.

Killua merely shrugged, resting his hands behind his head. "Beats me. Knowing how much she's been wandering around on her own, though, it's not really that surprising."

You held back a chuckle at his indifference, before looking back at Alluka. 

"Eh? Oh, yeah! You could say she's my sister, considering how close she is with my Onii-chan!" Alluka giggled, glancing at you and Killua with a knowing smile.

'H-HUH?!' you thought to yourself as your eyes widened, feeling a deep blush spread across your cheeks. Hesitantly, you glanced over at Killua, who immediately met your gaze with his shining cornflower blue eyes. As soon as you did, though, you instinctively looked away, taking in a sharp inhale as you did so. 'Alluka... why?!' you thought once more.

"Yup! Oh, she's met Sanguis, too, and wants to talk to you guys about him," she explained. Soon after she did, the muffled voice from her phone grew much louder, as if they were yelling. Alluka didn't flinch, though, as she began nodding earnestly. 

"Really? YAY! Okay, where are you guys gonna be?" She bubbled in excitement, grabbing a piece of pen and paper.

--Now--  

"I didn't expect that you would be so excited to see them, Alluka." You smile as she continues dragging you and Killua by the hand.

"Of course I would be! They're so nice!" She beamed, reaching the entrance to the restaurant. 

You and Killua shared a glance, as if asking each other the same question: "What kinds of people are they?"

Once the three of you entered the crowded restaurant, Alluka immediately scanned the crowd to look for them. A waitress seemed to notice this, as she approached Alluka, leaning over to meet her eye level. "Are you miss Alluka?"

The three of you seemed taken aback, especially Alluka. However, she quickly bounced back with a grin. "Yup! I'm Alluka!" She smiled, raising a hand enthusiastically. 

The waitress smiled back as she stood up straight once more. "I see. Please, follow me," she simply said, leading the three of you past the full tables and the crowd.

"This restaurant is really popular, huh?" You whispered to Killua. He nodded, observing and watching everything with a sharp gaze. 

Soon after, the waitress led you three to what seemed to be a small room in the back. "They should be inside, waiting." She smiled, knocking on the door. "Let me know if you need anything. Enjoy your meal!" She bowed, before leaving you three alone.

Turning to the door, you hear shuffling from inside, followed by footsteps approaching. Soon after, the door opened, revealing two people you've never seen before.

 One of them was a young woman, who immediately recognized Alluka. "Ah! Alluka-chan!"

Alluka grinned from ear to ear. "Hi again!!" A cheerful laugh escaped her lips, as she raised both arms in the air, waving them.

The other one, a young man, smiled at Alluka's presence, before noticing you and Killua. "Oh! You must be the people Alluka was talking about. Come in," he spoke calmly, and his tone was quite laid-back as he beckoned the both of you to come inside. 

You and Killua shared a glance. Killua nodded, as if saying it should be okay. You nodded back with a smile, before following the young man inside.

Just like the main restaurant, the room had a similar table, and some chairs. The table held a few drinks, and enough glasses for everyone. 

You got a good look around the room, before landing your gaze on Killua. Just as you expected, he was looking around every corner in a very calculated, observant manner. 

The young man sighed. "There's no one else here, and we didn't set up any hidden cameras or anything. You should be fine," He waved a hand dismissively, before walking back to the young woman's side. 

Meanwhile,  Alluka approached the two of you again, dragging you once more by the hands. "Come on, let me introduce you guys!" She giggled, before looking at the two hunters. "This is my Onee-chan," She pointed at you excitedly. "And this is my Onii-chan!" She beamed, hugging Killua from the side.

You chuckled, while Killua slumped his shoulders in a deep sigh. "Oi, Alluka. At least say our names when you introduce us..." 

"Ehhh? But you guys are my Onii-chan and Onee-chan!" she pouted. 

A soft chuckle echoed throughout the room as Alluka tilted her head in confusion. 

Soon after, you cleared your throat and spoke up. "Anyways, I'm (Y/N), and this is Killua." You place a hand on Killua's shoulder. 

"Yo," Killua said, raising a hand acknowledgement.

You smiled at the two hunters. "Um... thank you for taking the time to meet with us!"

"No problem!" The young woman smiled back. "So, this guy here is Ryu." She slapped the young man on the back.

"Ow–"

She then pointed to herself with a toothy grin. "And I'm Senka!"