Chapter Eleven: He Gives You Googly Eyes.

Dedicated to ephemeral_eclipse for the beautiful cover at the top. Thank you sofia! <3

there's another update after this by the way.

Chapter Eleven: "He Gives You Googly Eyes."

"WHO'S KYLE?" MARIAM asked as she walked into my bedroom.

Placing my mini whiteboard on my lap, I fought the urge to rub the side of my head where a dull ache had been bothering me since I woke up. A physics equation I'd been writing down over and over throughout the week was sketched on the board and my eyes went over it once more from where I sat at my desk before my midterm later that Saturday. On the other hand, Yasmeen was laying down on my bed. My blanket was draped over her head as she stared at her phone in an armadillo position.

"Kyle is Aven's roommate," I said, moving my braids out of my face. "Did he find you on Instagram?"

"He found me on Twitter," Mariam said, leaning next to my poster of a picture that I had taken at a Post Malone concert. Twitter?

Picking up my phone, I relayed the information to Aven.

Aven: he went through your following. he's a dumbass.

He had replied fast. He was probably on his way to his volleyball game in Toronto. "He saw a picture of you on my phone and thought you were cute," I said.

"He's cute."

"He's kind of short." Mariam seemed to care about height. Or maybe she didn't. I wasn't sure. Iman was about 6' foot and I didn't think any other guy she had dated in the past was below 5'10.

"Shorter than Clayton?"

"A bit."

"Still taller than me." She mumbled. My phone buzzed again.

Aven: she interested?

Me: Seems like it. He's taller than her so that's a win in her books.

Aven: the short stack will be glad to hear this.

Me: You gotta stop discriminating on height. It's disrespectful. Actually, it's mean.

Suddenly, a familiar banging started on the wall where my drawer stood. I closed my eyes in annoyance and Yasmeen groaned loudly, rolling over to shove her head into one of my pillows. "Jay, just tell her."

"What am I going to tell her? Have sex on the floor or against a wall that isn't connected to my room?"

"Yes. Because when I need a break from reality, I come into your room for you," Yasmeen grumbled. "Not you and the occasional guest star that is her bed. I can live without that episode."

I put my hands over my face as the rhythm seemed to only increase. I was glad that I couldn't hear the noises they made. But it has come to a point where I was able to tell when they either changed positions or when the sex the over. When the banging did stop, all of us let out collective sighs of relief.

"Is there any way you can tell her?" I mumbled in Yasmeen's direction.

Yasmeen shook her head. "Nope, you got to do it."

"I'll do it." Mariam offered.

"No," Yasmeen said. "Jaime's got to do it herself."

"Why?"

"Because she doesn't take charge," Yasmeen sat up, fixing her brown eyes on my face. "You got to do it. Be confrontational. In fact, be more confrontational. Conflict isn't going to kill you. You'll resolve things and everyone can live happily ever after."