Chapter 12 - Attack

Semi-edited

WARNING: PANIC ATTACKS, AND DEALS WITH TRAUMA.

 Dante's taking me to a drive-in movie, a drive-in movie

I haven't been to one since that night, that horrible night that unfortunately will forever be burned in my mind.

I swallow tightly and look out the car window as he buys the tickets from the ticket booth. How long am I going to last in here without having a panic attack? Should I tell him, or should I not?

My thoughts are cut off by a soft tap on my shoulder, "I'm going to get the food I bought for the movie from my truck, Is this spot okay?"

I smile, with a nod of my head that he returns. The spot is beautiful, we can see the outdoor big screen perfectly from the comfort of the car.

I would've loved this if it wasn't for what happened here two years ago.

When he closes his door to get the snacks from the trunk, I drop my head in my hands and attempt to calm my rapid breathing.

With one last wheezing deep breath, I look up at Dante with a smile on my face when he opens his door and sits down in his seat again.

"I hope you like steak and cheese sandwiches, caesar salad, and iced coffee," He says holding up a store-bought container with a hopeful smile.

"I love it," I say with a breathy laugh, "But my diet won't."

"I can help you work out all those calories if you want, I am a personal trainer after all you know?" He says with a knowing smirk and opens the takeout bag.

I groan when I smell the heartstopping fumes of greasy, unhealthy fast food.

Dante looks over at me and laughs at my eager expression he hands me my share of food with a grin, "Enjoy it while it lasts."

"Oh, I will," I exclaim while unwrapping the foil of my sandwich and taking an unattractive bite. I moan and throw my head back on the headrest of the car and close my eyes, as I taste the gooey cheese, the tenderness of the steak and the roasted onions.

I want to marry this sandwich.

That's it screw my future man, this sandwich will always satisfy my desires. 

"Damn, you know how to get at a guy," Dante says while adjusting his jeans and moving his head to look down at me while he puts the orange straw that belongs to ice coffee in his mouth.  

"What? Did that turn you on Mr bad boy?" I tease while moving my head closer to his.

"When a gorgeous girl like you makes sounds like that, then yes," he mumbles while copying my movements and moving closer to my waiting lips.

The moment I can feel his breath on my lips I flinch back from him against the door and grab at my face.

Dante puts his hands up in the air showing me he's surrendering, with a worried look plastered on his face, "Lola your okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

No matter how hard I try to get oxygen back in my lungs, my efforts don't work.

"Listen to me Lola, I'm going to open your door and help you out so you can get fresh air okay?" Dante says slowly while opening the door and stepping out with caution, and striding to my side of the car.

"I'm going to open the door now okay?" Dante says while grabbing the door handle, and waiting for my okay to pull it open. Gasping while nodding my head he yanks open the door and crouches down on his knees in front of me.

"Can I help you out?" he asks softly, "I promise I won't hurt you."

Tears pour down my face at a rapid pace, my breathing shallow, my skin sweating in a panic, and my mind flooding with panic.

I claw at my face and harshly attempt to wipe the tears that are rushing out. I reach my hand out to Dante's extended hand in an attempt to get out of this suffocating car faster.

With a firm grip on my hand, he helps me carefully step out of the car and helps me sit on the cold hard ground near the car's bumper.

I know it's really short, but I feel like Lola deserves a whole chapter of what's about to happen.

Do you ship Dante and Lola?

Or Chris and Lola?

Btw I update every single day!!! As you can tell I work super hard on this book everyday to get chapters out to you guys!!

Can we please get more votes and comments on this chapter, as a writer I can get discouraged when I don't see any votes coming in or any comments. This would make my day, so please support me!

DON'T STEAL MY BOOK, IF YOU DO I WILL FIND YOU AND TAKE YOU DOWN.

Last but not least,

COMMENT, LIKE, AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS, AND FOLLOW ME ON INSTA!!!

Xoxo, Lexi